News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Google Wave

Started by Captain Utopia, August 15, 2009, 08:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Also, if anyone else would like to help copy/format more BIP essays for the multi-wave BiP stuff... I've got it about half done. I'mm be adding a second 'Contents' section in the main wave for Contributed Essays, so people can write their own BiP Wave essays and then link them to the Main Wave.

Maybe it won't be any more valuable in this format, but it's worth a shot to see what happens.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Captain Utopia

Just got 30 new invites. If anyone wants to work on the BIP or other projects, or just poke around for fun, PM me your email and I'll add you.

typ3

Google Wave is a failure. The only people that are willing to adapt to it have no real social network. :argh!:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: typ3 on November 15, 2009, 05:58:13 PM
Google Wave is a failure. The only people that are willing to adapt to it have no real social network. :argh!:

Chill. It's not even out of beta yet. Wait another fifteen years.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Captain Utopia

With what happened with TCC in the last week or so, I started thinking that Wave would be the perfect platform to conduct trolls.

You can start with just one person, and add trusted individuals to the troll wave as it grows. Then when it's ready you can open it up to specific groups, or just make it public. The archived timeline/playback feature preserves who-said-what, so you have less chance of running into another CoG issue. Also, it's a minor point, but you can also just drag-n-drop screenshots into the wave directly from your desktop, which is less fiddly then uploading it first to photobucket or somesuch.

If anyone wants to try it out, you can grab contact details from the PD Intro Wave - here. Oh, and there are a bunch of invites left - PM me your email if you'd like in.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: FP on December 28, 2009, 04:30:32 PM
With what happened with TCC in the last week or so, I started thinking that Wave would be the perfect platform to conduct trolls.

You can start with just one person, and add trusted individuals to the troll wave as it grows. Then when it's ready you can open it up to specific groups, or just make it public. The archived timeline/playback feature preserves who-said-what, so you have less chance of running into another CoG issue. Also, it's a minor point, but you can also just drag-n-drop screenshots into the wave directly from your desktop, which is less fiddly then uploading it first to photobucket or somesuch.

If anyone wants to try it out, you can grab contact details from the PD Intro Wave - here. Oh, and there are a bunch of invites left - PM me your email if you'd like in.

:lulz:

Excellent idea!

The Good Reverend Roger

The archived timeline/playback feature preserves who-said-what, so you have less chance of running into another CoG issue.

CoG wasn't caused by methodology.  It was caused by the fact that it's run by a coward, a traitor, and a pack of racist pricks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2009, 05:10:51 PM

The archived timeline/playback feature preserves who-said-what, so you have less chance of running into another CoG issue.

CoG wasn't caused by methodology.  It was caused by the fact that it's run by a coward, a traitor, and a pack of racist pricks.
Granted, that will generally do it.

I do think that methodology can help alleviate many communication problems, but CoG was a bad example to pick.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FP on December 28, 2009, 05:17:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2009, 05:10:51 PM

Granted, that will generally do it.

I do think that methodology can help alleviate many communication problems, but CoG was a bad example to pick.

Yep.  Also, The Cellar was a bad option, for the very same reasons.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Nonetheless, we do have problems with people tracing Trolls back to here, at least occasionally. Having Waves for trolls would allow the attack to be planned and executed by ONLY those involved in the troll and it would provide a full record for later LULZ by everyone else.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 28, 2009, 05:25:18 PM
Nonetheless, we do have problems with people tracing Trolls back to here, at least occasionally. Having Waves for trolls would allow the attack to be planned and executed by ONLY those involved in the troll and it would provide a full record for later LULZ by everyone else.

Oh, sure.  I think it's a great idea.  I was just commenting that methodology wasn't strictly to blame for those two failures.