News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2012, 09:34:38 PM
I am part of the reason an EB&G even exists. 

I'd say about 99% of the reason, with the remaining 1% being ECH, Efrim, and myself.

But what have we done lately?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on January 23, 2012, 08:02:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 23, 2012, 07:49:01 PM
Fuck.  Okay, apologies thrown back in my face.

Lesson learned.

And again I sincerely apologize.

S'ok.  Let's just let it drop.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2012, 09:34:38 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 23, 2012, 08:42:38 PM
Do you know the premise of the boy who cried wolf?

Exactly what I thought.  Complaining because people thought you were doing something which, if you reflected on it, you are guilty of fairly often, is more of an indictment on the behaviour of that person than the people who jumped to the conclusion.

And Jenne, I have been on EB&G.  In fact, I was on EB&G before there was an EB&G.  I am part of the reason an EB&G even exists.  Yet, I've never really been that welcome there, have I?  Even when I was doing everyone's dirty work at MW, and boy was some of that dirty, I was always someone to be kept at arms length, out of the picture, not trusted.

Kinda rankles, when you put that kind of effort in, only to be disregarded in turn, have lies spread about you, have double standards inflicted on you.

Sure, you in particular are not very guilty of that.  But it seems that since 2006 or so, no matter who has been at the helm, I've been the subject of gossip and lies and outright attacks on my character, for not especially good reasons.  You might understand after, how five years of that, I may have a dim view of the place.

I had a nice long dramatic feeding the llama post that the two of you are crying out for.  Fuck that.

1) Ancient history.  You haven't posted anything worth anything in a long time at EB&G (coming on over to taunt the animals in their cages is not really anything to write home about).  Get the fuck over it.  Bella's gone.  Long gone.  Same with Dan.

2)  See #1.

Nigel, the DAY you get to chide ME for having a CLIQUE...BAHAHAHAHAA.

nuff said.

(anyone wondering why I left yet and decided to lurk?  anyone...?  Bueller? I'm far too fucking hormonal and jacked up on IRL idiotic drama to want to handle this bullshit.)

Damn I am sorry I saw this thread.  But it was a good lesson to relearn.

AFK

I appreciate PD.COM and EB&G for the different communities that they are, and have been, for the past few years.  EB&G on more than one occassion have played a bit of a life-raft role as did POEE when this place would go dark with technical difficulties.  I used to be a lot more active over there than I am now, but it isn't for any kind of lack of respect or any ill will against that community.  It's simply time.  I've always felt the same way about POEE too.  Again, another great Discordian on-line community that offers something a little different.  I give kudos to Jenne, Khara and crew for keeping that going over there.  I think it is a good thing to foster the online diversity in our overall Discordian community. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

At band practice last night, Steve came up with a skronky guitar riff, which we tried building off of.

We take a break, and Andy says, "John, you need to work out a complimentary part to go with that guitar."

We start playing again.  John walks up to the mic and says, "Steve, I really like your shirt.  Have you lost weight?  My, you certainly look handsome tonight."

Nephew Twiddleton

Definitely need coffee. It took me too long to get what you were saying lmno
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

So, there we were, Richter and I, having dinner at a nice restaurant.  (By "nice," I mean they let uss sit down, look at printed menus rather than a backlit board with pictures on it, came and asked us what we wanted, and brought us food on real plates rather than in paper boxes.)

He'd finished, I was still picking at my steak, when he announces, "I am going to go make something hilarious happen to the bathroom."  I figure I already have more detail than I stictly need, but finish my dinner as he strides purposefully into the little alcove in which they hide the bathroom doors.

I think nothing of it for the next few minutes, other than offering up a prayer for the soul of whoever is in charge of cleaning that bathroom that evening, until I look up and see, scurrying from the alcove, a typical Fall River gangbanger type, exiting the area with a look of utter horror on his face.

I have mentally filed that restaurant on the list of places we can't go until the statute of limitations runs out.

Pity, the steak was good.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 24, 2012, 01:01:57 PM
At band practice last night, Steve came up with a skronky guitar riff, which we tried building off of.

We take a break, and Andy says, "John, you need to work out a complimentary part to go with that guitar."

We start playing again.  John walks up to the mic and says, "Steve, I really like your shirt.  Have you lost weight?  My, you certainly look handsome tonight."

You should record that shit.  Seriously.  Some running spoken-word complimentary commentary on top of that skronky guitar riff.  (Not that I fully understand what that means)
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Juana

One of my cousins:

Today I fell asleep in the pool at the y and I woke up to my little sister nibbling on my toes. She said that she was hungry, now I'm afraid to sleep.

I haven't met this little girl, but she sounds kind of terrifying.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cramulus

Went to a steakhouse with the roommates last night. On the way home, we took a wrong turn and ended up in a very spooky neighborhood. I must have driven over a plastic bag or something, because my car was making really scary un-carlike noises which we assumed were ghosts.

I forgot to check out my car when I got home, so I left myself a note, "Is my car haunted?"

I didn't see a bag this morning, and the car's not making the noise, but the answer is still yes. Driving to work this morning was creepy as hell!

Juana

From Gasland, when the bill that would have shut the "Halliburton loophole" that exempts oil and gas companies from several environmental acts having to report the chemicals used in fraking fluid under the Safe Drinking Water act was on the committee table:

Mr. Boren: I think what Mr. Appleton is doing is searching for a problem that does not exist, because looking at all these other examples in all these states, there has not been a problem with hydraulic fracturing and I'm proud that I'm supported by the oil and gas industry because they employ a lot people in my state and I'm going to stick up for them and I am tired of people trying to shut down the industry when they're not educated on the facts. And if you weren't able to do this hydraulic fracturing, how much more dependent would we be on foreign oil? And terrorism.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cramulus

Treat everyone you meet like God in drag.

-Ram Dass

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 04, 2012, 07:50:22 AM
From Gasland, when the bill that would have shut the "Halliburton loophole" that exempts oil and gas companies from several environmental acts having to report the chemicals used in fraking fluid under the Safe Drinking Water act was on the committee table:

Mr. Boren: I think what Mr. Appleton is doing is searching for a problem that does not exist, because looking at all these other examples in all these states, there has not been a problem with hydraulic fracturing and I'm proud that I'm supported by the oil and gas industry because they employ a lot people in my state and I'm going to stick up for them and I am tired of people trying to shut down the industry when they're not educated on the facts. And if you weren't able to do this hydraulic fracturing, how much more dependent would we be on foreign oil? And terrorism.

This is fucking AWESOME.

A total non-statement followed by "And Terrorism".

:lulz:

Juana

I know, right? :lulz: I had to stop and replay it to make sure I heard right.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 16, 2012, 07:41:52 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 04, 2012, 07:50:22 AM

This is fucking AWESOME.

A total non-statement followed by "And Terrorism".

:lulz:

I like it because, taken literally, it implies that we are already heavily dependent on terrorism.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."