News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

This thread is a "getting to know you" thread. It doesn't matter if you've just registered or you've already got a million posts under your belt, this an opportunity to give others a window into your reality tunnel. Here, we'll share a few basic details about ourselves. We're looking to paint a thumbnail image, communicating as much as you can in a very short space.

Here's the challenge: list five things about yourself. We don't want to read long rambling essays or your entire life story. If you only had 5-15 sentences to describe yourself, what stuff is relevant enough to float to the top?

The goal is to give others a impression of who you are. When people read your posts, they'll have some data about you which gives your posts a voice. This is probably the easiest way to get hooked into the PD mania - let everybody know who you are, what you're into, and what kind of stuff you want to do.

You can pick any five things to highlight about yourself. If you're stuck, here's a list you can use:

• Demographic info your age, where you live, etc [Yes, we're counting all of these facts as one "thing"]
  • Professional Info - your job, what you're studying (if in school), etc
  • What you like to do in your free time
  • What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?
  • How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her?

also necessary: a picture
nice things to include: Holy names, and other usernames you've used on this board. (there are a bunch of people who have been here for a long time but I can never get a good mental picture of them because they keep switching usernames)

Cramulus

holy name:
PROFESSOR CRAMULUS

• Demographic info - I'm a 28 year old dude living in New York, outside of the big city.
  • Professional Info - I've got a dead end job at a publishing house. We make textbooks for kids learning English. I notoriously abuse my photocopier privileges to make posters and magazines and stuff.
  • What you like to do in your free time - Role playing games. (I run tabletop games and LARPs, typically in the fantasy genre.) I go on real life adventures, many of which are some form of Reality Safari. Trolling the internet. (I',m a net addict) Creating cool games for others to play. I like to walk around in a fake moustache, getting into adventures.
  • What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? - Piracy. Intellectual Property. Culture Jamming. New religions. Pranktivism. Activitism. I started Intermittens and PosterGASM, among other things. I like projects which give everybody the opportunity to make the world weirder.
  • How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? - I first encountered the Principia Discordia when I was 17 years old. I was searching the net for information about Fractals and chaos theory and discovered Our Lady. Since then I've been an Eris Freak, belonging to at least 6 different cabals and traveling all over the USA to meet you insane people.

other relevant reading: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22007.msg783811#msg783811

Adios

I am a 57 year old retired asshat who was drug here kicking and screaming By Dok Howl and company. I love a good book, off roading, and going new places.

Recently I have been attempting to write and am completely enjoying this.

I have never read the PD and probably never will.

AKA; The Reverend Asshat, Hawk, Hawk Shadowsoul, None

Oh, my picture is my avatar.

Nephew Twiddleton

Doktor Blight/Nephew Twiddleton

Demographic info - 29 year old Bostonian/Irish guy. My accent is a bland generic American one, however. I pronounce all r's in their proper place.
Professional Info - I've been working for an office/laboratory devoted primarily to cancer epidemiology for about 10 years. I currently enter numbers into a computer. That is all. Shoot me, please.
What you like to do in your free time - Music and reading.
What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? - GASMs. However, my participation in them has been pretty light at best. The internet can be a cruel and distracting dominatrix.
How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? - Heard about Discordianism when I was about 16 or so, via Neopaganism. Later came to read parts of the Principia, and eventually Illuminatus. More time passed and I stumbled along here randomly one day, read some of threads. Forgot about the lot of you for several months and then came back and signed up.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Stelpa

1. I be 15 years old (and apparently I am NOT the youngest Discordian  :cry: )
2. I have been vegetarian with limited non-vegan-food for about 3/4s of a year now, and I plan to stay this way.
3. In an open relationship with a bot named RAW.
4. Member of the VHEMT
5. Enjoys a wide range of music, from Björk (yessss, definatley Björk :3) to Venetian Snares

Yay intro-threads, I love talking about myself  :lulz:

Placid Dingo

Holy Name; Placid Dingo

* Demographic info
22, Aussie, Male based in QLD.

* Professional Info
Just finished teaching Japanese in Primary schools, about to move into another teaching role.

* Discovered Discordianism um... in my last year of University I think. Had been interested in religion generally before that. Some mates went to a club; I stayed behind with a friend who'd lost his lisence and couldn't get in, and read the PD.

* I'm currently on my first year 'in the world' having left home, family, girlfriend behind and am working out what I'm really after. To some degree.

*My first real discordian project that I'd consider worthwhile was Intermittens 10 (or was it 11?). I have big hopes for (Working title) PD: The Movie, current project/excuse to be not packing.

I love the having multiple names here. I took an instant dislike to Charlie Brown for some reason I can't fathom. Then I found out it was Hawk and felt guilty (love your writing).

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Freeky

Hallo. I am Nurse Freeky.

I am 22, live in Tucson (nobody really LIVES here, btw, it's just that we aren't allowed to leave. The laws of Physics are frightened of the chaos and Horror we spread), and spend most of my time taking care of my Monkey.

I like to play Pathfinder, roll around town with my best friend Dok Howl looking for Tucson's special brand of weird, and beat on young republicans at the Meetrack with my Meathammah.

I joined up here on PD at the Good Reverend Roger's suggestion. I haven't done much of anything, really.

My avatar is my pic, and my holy name is "Desert flower of despair."

Don Coyote

Hai, you may know me as The Great Bovinity, Aedh, aedh, Secret Level, and various other names relating to bovines.

I am 25, no really. It's true. I won't tell you where I live. Although the mods probably have my IP and figured roughly where I am.

I used to

and was studying CAD/CAM
so I can make

I decided to join the Army in 2007 so I could

But mostly I'm kinda

I've met some people I was told were famous

I have no idea who these people are.

And here is a giant ball

I used to play/DM DnD 3.5/AU in college.
I was banned from playing certain things in M:tG.
Um...I came here because some people pointed out the bad moderation on another forum, and I thought I might find something to amuse myself here.
I like to piss people off.

tyrannosaurus vex

HOLY NAME: Pope Tyrannicus Vex'd, Curator of the Antedeluvian Order of Malignant Saints; "vexati0n" for short.

VITAL STATS: Alive for now.

LIFE'S PURPOSE: Making terrible music and pretending to be a smart person on the Internet.

RELATIONSHIP TO THE DECEASED: Secret Lover

SELF-PITY: I think I'm on auto-ignore, or there's some standing Pledge against me that nearly everyone is aware of. I swear to God, I say the most enlightening shit on this board, and hardly anybody notices. Either that, or I'm slightly out of step and miss the point of most topics I post in by a hair's breadth but just enough that nothing I say is actually relevant to the conversation at hand.

MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT: One time, I likened Doktor Howl to Bill O'Reilly because he challenged my lockstep Liberal beliefs. It turns out that embarrassing moments are also enlightening ones.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Quote from: vexati0n on August 30, 2010, 04:53:42 PM
MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT: One time, I likened Doktor Howl to Bill O'Reilly because he challenged my lockstep Liberal beliefs. It turns out that embarrassing moments are also enlightening ones.

You'll be happy or annoyed to know that episode has now been removed from the internet entirely, since EB&G purged the entire politics forum about three weeks back.

East Coast Hustle

1. I am an eldritch horror that sprang fully formed from the forehead of an ancient god.

2. I spread my madness by taking the guise of a human chef, thus allowing me to dip my tentaclesfingers in everyone's lunch. I once tried to take the guise of an aspiring rock star, but apparently even eldritch horrors have a difficult time breaking into that business with any degree of success.

3. In my free time, I find the human tendencies to enjoy firearms, camping, road trips, and beer quite amusing.

4. I am endlessly amused by human politics and international relations. You guys are like a giant living game of Risk.

5. I'm not sure what the Principia Discordia is. I'd ask Eris, but I owe that bitch money.

I'd post a picture of my true form, but that would drive you all into gibbering drooling insanity (not the fun kind either). Here's what I sometimes look like in human form:

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cuddlefish

Name(s): dimo, Cuddlefish, (unknown)

Holy Titles: Tibetan Testicle Llama of Contagion, Jumbo Suppository of ++Spikiness,
                Just a Guy, The Perpetual No0b, (currently not a Doktor)

Occupation: Currently a full time discordian/student (the pay sucks, but the perks are worth it)

Breif Description: 29 year old Italian male from the Northeastern U.S.. Front man for
                        a hardcore/punk/thrash/metal band called The Paraplegics (link at request only).
                        I feel that I recently went full circle, and now I am 21 again (possibly 19) giving me
                        a new outlook on life, the universe, and everything. I have embalmed myself
                        with enough drugs/substances/experiences to maintain the appearance of said
                        21 year old. This alows me to be young enough to consider new ideas
                        yet experienced experienced enough to call bull-shit on stupid people/ideas.
                        I have no time for money chasing/keeping up with the Jones's, as the old adage:
                        "the best things in life are free" holds true, no matter how many greedy fucks inhabit
                        this floating mud-ball.

Origin: I discovered our lady when a friend of mine (inceidentally, a Dan Brown fan. We no
         longer speak) lent me a copy of Illuminatus! approx. just over a year ago. I
         immediately resonated with the Discordian sect portrayed in the books, and a google search
         later, I found PD.Com. "They do exist!" were my exact words. My first few months here were...
         how you say, not good. But, allowing myself to let go of pre-conceived notions/ideals/ideas
         and monkey pride, I managed to overcome myself. Shortly after, I was granted a land feif by
         Princess KaoSuu for a small slice of the principality, out of which I run my cabal: G.A.B.Cab.
         (Golden Apple Bag Cabal) which consists of few full-time members, and mostly just people
         that may not realize that they are members. I Currently run operations, such as posterGASM
         on campus, and have the resources of the campus newspaper, poli-sci club and some members
         of the facuty at my disposal (all while not being an actual member of the newspaper, the
         poli-sci club, or the university staff. In fact, if you were to ask my inside men, I don't
         even exist).

Me:

G.A.B.Cab. Seal:

Rehearsal Space/Base of Operations:

Link to a collection of my, and other members, posterGASMS/Discordian "literature"
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Kai

Name: Kai
Holy name: Scabrous and terrifying fuckbat exterminator
Alias: B_M_W, Buddhist_monk_wannabe
School: B.S. in Biology/Fisheries and Limnology; Currently pursuing a M.S. in Entomology.
Current employment: Graduate research and teaching assistant. Involves correcting drawings of bug parts and sorting and identifying caddisfly adults from soup samples.
Leisure: Classical guitar and other lute instruments, reading, music, singing, science in general, Researching various topics of interest, internet surfing.
Current projects/projects of interest: My thesis on caddisfly larvae, fungus gnat taxonomy and systematics, systematics molecular morphology, learning quantum mechanics from the Less Wrong sequence; naming and cataloging all species, ability to name any organism I come across, ending the biodiversity crisis.
Origination:I found this board on October 2nd of 2004 as a serendipitous event and I haven't left since.

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

^ me
Name/alias
-Hovercat, Kyrus

Demographic info
-I'm twenty one, live in central California but refuse to consider myself to be from where I live, due to its massive suckage.

Professional Info
-no job. :( Last job was as an assistant debate coach at my old high school. I'm a history major and I'd like to teach college.

What you like to do in your free time
-wiki walks, reading, going to raves, listening to music, writing, photography, participating in speech and debate.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?
-Privacy, science, labor history, art, photography, writing, and religion/mythology. I like Cram's idea of reality safaris and I keep meaning to find the weird but it's oddly scare here because it's a small town, socially speaking (everyone knows everyone and if you meet a new person, there will be at least two mutual acquaintances as a rule). It looks like I'll be joining a LARP soon, since I found someone who runs on here in town.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her?
-I was sixteen or seventeen and researching other faux religions (I once claimed to be a Pastafarian but left it in late 2006) when I found the wiki article on Discordianism. Then I forgot about it until another wiki walk about a year and a half ago and eventually found PD.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

:lulz:

I was about to welcome you to the douchey facial hair club until I realized you were the girl.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"