News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Atlas Shrugged. April 15. Is your body ready?

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

I was cleaning out my junk folder when I found this Email.

QuoteDear Friend of Liberty,

As many of you know, the much-anticipated April 15th release of the Atlas Shrugged film is less than a week away! Based on Ayn Rand's classic novel which celebrates limited government, free markets and individual liberty, Atlas Shrugged is being called a made for Tea Party film.

Find a theater near you showing Atlas Shrugged!

Maybe that's because as millions of Tea Party supporters have rallied over the past two years, many have brought with them signs like those above—referencing Atlas Shrugged. As you rally on April 15th for your lo cal Tax Day protest, I urge you to go see this important film.

The film is set in a not-so-distant future in which government has taken control of the means of production, bureaucrats have impose harmful regulations on businesses and turmoil in the Middle East has sent oil prices skyrocketing. Sound familiar?

On April 15th, Atlas Shrugged will be released in 300 theaters across America—but even more theaters are lined up if we can demonstrate our support for this film.

Click here to see where the film is playing near you! If you can't find a showing close to you, demand that the film is shown in your town.

I urge you to take your family, friends, neighbors and coworkers to see this important film on April 15th. Many activists are already organizing to go see the film right now on FreedomConnector. Atlas Shrugged has the opportunity to introduce millions more around the world to the philosophy of freedom. But if that's going to happen—if this life-changing film is going to be shown in thousands of theaters—we need your help.

As thousands of liberty-minded grassroots activists gather across America for Tax Day protests on April 15th, go see Atlas Shrugged. If it's not yet being shown near you, demand that your theater shows Atlas Shrugged. Thank you for all your e fforts and tireless support.

In Liberty,

Kibbe Signature
Matt Kibbe
President and CEO, FreedomWorks

Im preparing to go to the theater with a camera and pirate it. Just for the principal of the act.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Requia ☣

The free market demands it, after all, copyright is government interference.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Better take some morphine first.  For the pain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Thurnez Isa

Movie might be better then the book...
it'll go by quicker at least.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 12, 2011, 12:21:04 AM

Ayn Rand's foundation apparently is honoring her demand that no dialogue be changed in any movie.

The movie will never end.  You'll die there, broken, old, and alone.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

You know what... I think...  I think... my principles demand that I pirate this film out of sheer spite.... and then burn copies and distribute them. And of course... I cannot inflict that upon anyone without first suffering the pain myself.... Sometimes I wonder if there's a better reason for doing things than spite. Not often, but this is one of those times.

Freeky

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 12, 2011, 12:21:04 AM

Not a chance.  It's part one of three.  :lulz:

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

The Wizard

QuoteNot a chance.  It's part one of three.

The third part being just the 90 page speech at the end.
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like how people are supposed to "demand" that the movie be played in their town. :lulz: I think that the free market isn't gonna be on their side...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on April 12, 2011, 01:02:25 AM
QuoteNot a chance.  It's part one of three.

The third part being just the 90 page speech at the end.

I forgot about that. I wonder how they're going to pull that off now. I don't even have the patience for that shit let alone your average tea partier
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Freeky

Pshh, it'll give them such a boner that the aisles will be nastier than a strip club on Miracle Mile on Saturday morning. :lulz:

AFK

Why watch Tea Party wet dreams when I can watch a Rabbit shit jellybeans???
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Ive never read Atlas Shrugged (tl;dr) but I know Ayn Rand was really critical of religion, especially Christianity. How often is that brough up in Atlas Shrugged?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 12, 2011, 01:17:49 AM
Ive never read Atlas Shrugged (tl;dr) but I know Ayn Rand was really critical of religion, especially Christianity. How often is that brough up in Atlas Shrugged?

I think Atlas Shrugged is more about how Liberals want to shut down anything that's productive.

And some rape.  It isn't an Ayn Rand novel without a little rape.