News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

At the Mountains of Madness - movie being made

Started by Cain, October 05, 2007, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

I wonder, how will they portray the long descriptions of the creatures that Lovecraft describes as recorded in pictograms? They can't make a movie that has thirty minutes of archaeological analysis of some doodles on a wall...

...Or CAN they?!

Triple Zero

Quote from: vexati0n on October 09, 2007, 12:03:47 AMyes, i did like that one too.

ARE YOU SIDEKICK?

i'm what now?

(i was expecting this post to make sense to me in the morning, but it didn't)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: triple zero on October 08, 2007, 09:18:14 PM
a good lovecraft story movie would be totally psychedelic .. well not psychedelic, but .. weird. like, blurry and hitchcock-like and like the aeon flux movie or "immortals" and sin city and even (though i suspect loads of people dislike this movie) "what dreams may come" .. it needs to look very surreal. like, impressionist, kind of. like you're viewing the way the character is viewing the world, not as an outside spectator.

I think Dagon and Dreams in the Witch House both did a respectable job of capturing the inevitableness of the protagonists plight and at the same time the heavy atmosphere that felt like reading Lovecraft.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Spike Jones would be a cool director for this.

Cain

Tarantino.

CTHULU MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU PRONOUNCE IT?

LMNO

Fuck that.

You'd just get Cthulu, Nyarlotep, and Azathoth sitting around a table, talking about the sociopolitical ramifications of Three's Company, and whether Jack Tripper was actually gay or not.

...Hold on a second, that would be awesome.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Will Guillermo Del Torro find a way to make "TEKELI-LI" sound scary, and not just silly (the way it sounds in my head).

Triple Zero

Cthulhu: And you know what they call a, uh, a Mwgl'nahfgh Fthagn outside of R'Lyeh?
Yog-Sothoth: They don't call it a Mwgl'nahfgh Fthagn?
Cthulhu: Nah, man, they don't have non-euclidian geometry, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Fhtaghn is.
Yog-Sothoth: What do they call it?
Cthulhu: They call it a "Quarter Pounder with Cheese"
Yog-Sothoth: "Quarter Pounder with Cheese"
Cthulhu: Thats right.
Yog-Sothoth: What do they call a Shoggoth?
Cthulhu: A Shoggoth's a Shoggoth, but they usually just scream from the undescribable horror instead.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cain

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Quote from: triple zero on October 12, 2007, 12:14:13 PM
Cthulhu: And you know what they call a, uh, a Mwgl'nahfgh Fthagn outside of R'Lyeh?
Cthulhu: Nah, man, they don't have non-euclidian geometry, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Fhtaghn is.
Cthulhu: A Shoggoth's a Shoggoth, but they usually just scream from the undescribable horror instead.

My new short-term personal savior has been located.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Layers of silly with not so subtle hints of Parody... perfect!

Triple Zero

B_M_W

That was the most gorgeous thing I have seen online in weeks....

I think I just orgasmed.  :fnord:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.