News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Read the Illuminatus! trilogy

Started by Cain, February 21, 2005, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And I can't shake off the feeling I had read it before.  Really wierd feeling too.  I couldnt pin it down to any particular page or character, it was just the entire thing.  Like I had read it a long time ago and forgot it all.  Anyone else have this?  And no, I had not taken anything "special" before reading it. :roll:

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I did get that feeling from time to time while I was reading that.  He uses psychological devices in his writing that pulls you outside yourself.  That is the only way I know how to describe it, others may describe it differently.  It was really weird, I must say.  I have read a lot of books and I have never read anything like that.  I suspect the confusion in the book clears the mind of the reader as well.

Cain

That may be why, it seems to make sense.  The only other time I had that wzs the first time I read the Principia, but since that is so spread out via the internet, I may have actually read it before.

Quote from: KenseiThat may be why, it seems to make sense.  The only other time I had that wzs the first time I read the Principia, but since that is so spread out via the internet, I may have actually read it before.
The first time I came across the PD was on the internet in 1997.  So I know I have had a lot of deja vu feelings from actually having read it before :lol: then having it cross my path, again.  Plus, the stuff in the Trilogy is all over the place.  He puts stuff in there form a lot of religions and sects and cults and weirdos and just all kinds of stuff.  So, in a different guise, I have read a lot of that stuff elsewhere. :wink:

Charlemagne

The trilogy is indeed a very special experience. Everyone should read it.
Rightfully claiming the title Emperor of Scandinavia since 2003

East Coast Hustle

I went pretty much insane for a solid month after I read that book for the first time...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

QuoteI went pretty much insane for a solid month after I read that book for the first time...

What do you mean "went?"  :wink:

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

I may be just a bit sociopathic...a tad self-destructive...maybe a little neurotic...but I'm by no means insane...

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

QuoteI may be just a bit sociopathic...a tad self-destructive...maybe a little neurotic...

Ah, perfectly normal then.

8)

I'll see your self-destruction and raise you a self-mutilation....

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Malaul

Im unsane

Its not thatI lost my sanity
I just never had it to loose
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

East Coast Hustle

I'm as normal as they come...and I don't really get into self-mutilation...I prefer to mutilate others...

8)

Horab Fibslager

i got the impressiont hat they cut things out of the omnibus ed. that were int eh original. as well with shrodinger's cat.
Hell is other people.

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: MalaulIm unsane

Its not thatI lost my sanity
I just never had it to loose

Confused me when you said that yesterday, but that makes sense. Have a nice sleep.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

Horab Fibslager

i'm the sanest person i know.

wtf is that shit eh?
Hell is other people.

Quote from: inspector horabi'm the sanest person i know.

wtf is that shit eh?
You hang out with some crazy people, man.  Hey, I resemble that remark, or not or something, Now I'm confused, eh?