News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

A choose your own Intermittens (or something)

Started by hashishi, November 24, 2008, 01:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Kennedy

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 09, 2009, 08:09:23 PM
Bah. I wouldn't be annoyed with ambiguously worded links. After all, that's 3/4s of the fun of something like zork or advent, right? If you apply totally unambiguous and completely correct labels to a nonfiction thing the same way you might otherwise apply it to a narrative, although *some* people may take advantage of the nonlinear text aspect, *most* people are going to use it to create a "daily me", which I don't think is the point.

That said, I'm assuming that this is based on something non-narrative in form. If we are going by the history of the movement{s,}, then if we assume that people don't already know much of it, we might have something interesting come out of it.

Furthermore, I suppose I should give examples to elucidate what I mean by misleading or ambiguous labels.

I do not mean:
* Peanut
* Fnord gobbler

Instead, I mean something more like:
* But, let's step back in time a bit to something that may be of interest to our protagonists Thornley and the gang
* Or, we can step forward, to see what came out of it.
* Or we can take a break at the local coffee house

That's awesome.  I actually really like that idea, and like the examples.

:mittens:
To steal a person's voice is to censor them.  Change this sig and you are the censor. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 09, 2009, 08:09:23 PM
Bah. I wouldn't be annoyed with ambiguously worded links. After all, that's 3/4s of the fun of something like zork or advent, right? If you apply totally unambiguous and completely correct labels to a nonfiction thing the same way you might otherwise apply it to a narrative, although *some* people may take advantage of the nonlinear text aspect, *most* people are going to use it to create a "daily me", which I don't think is the point.

That said, I'm assuming that this is based on something non-narrative in form. If we are going by the history of the movement{s,}, then if we assume that people don't already know much of it, we might have something interesting come out of it.

Furthermore, I suppose I should give examples to elucidate what I mean by misleading or ambiguous labels.

I do not mean:
* Peanut
* Fnord gobbler

Instead, I mean something more like:
* But, let's step back in time a bit to something that may be of interest to our protagonists Thornley and the gang
* Or, we can step forward, to see what came out of it.
* Or we can take a break at the local coffee house

That wouldn't be so bad, because they're related to the storyline and don't leave the user completely lost. I would describe those examples as less "ambiguous" and more "creatively worded".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Well, by more ambiguous, I meant more ambiguous than:
* Click here to learn more about the dada movement!
* Click here to download a trojan horse that will delete necessary system files :(

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

the last yatto

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 05, 2009, 06:22:53 PM
Without information to base the choice on, the reader is simply picking a random page.

so if the focus was only on religious and politics
then if your this goto page x, if your that goto page y?

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit