News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've decided, after much agonizing, that I am going to say fuck it to my timeline and just take all the classes I'm interested in at the community college. Most of them will apply to my BS just fine, and this way I don't have to miss out on interesting classes just to meet an artificial deadline.

I feel less stressed now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Shell have to go on an acid reflux diet which should also manage the pain if not eliminate it. Shes still scared as hell though so im going over her place tonight.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 24, 2012, 09:06:54 PM
Shell have to go on an acid reflux diet which should also manage the pain if not eliminate it. Shes still scared as hell though so im going over her place tonight.

That's maddening, they're probably going to have her measuring stuff and counting grapes.  :x

Very happy it's not the Big C, though.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hopefully she'll get used to the idea and start feeling better soon!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Can she take Nexium?  That stopped the damage for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:03:21 PM
I've decided, after much agonizing, that I am going to say fuck it to my timeline and just take all the classes I'm interested in at the community college. Most of them will apply to my BS just fine, and this way I don't have to miss out on interesting classes just to meet an artificial deadline.

Good.  Life's an experience, not a destination.

Damn.  I should write those little pseudo-profound plaques that people hang in their kitchens.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I apparently only need 72 upper division credits for my BS, so that gives me roughly 18 lower division credits to play around with above and beyond my transfer requirements. I'm gonna call it 24 and that gives me wiggle room for six more classes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

Damn.  I should write those little pseudo-profound plaques that people hang in their kitchens.

:lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Theyll prescribe her something not sure what yet though. I think shes on prilosec right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:25:01 PM

"...And when I looked back, there was only one set of footprints.  And I asked Jesus "Why did you abandon me?", and he said, "You need to shower more often."

"A Tidy Kitchen is an Easy Place to Get Rid of the Evidence."

"Home is Where the Beatings Are."

Nephew Twiddleton

Shit. Just looked it up. Even though malignancy is rare if it does go malignant it has an 85% mortality rate with less than a year to live. Wish i hadnt read that. Going to forget about it now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 09:27:09 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:25:01 PM

"...And when I looked back, there was only one set of footprints.  And I asked Jesus "Why did you abandon me?", and he said, "You need to shower more often."

"A Tidy Kitchen is an Easy Place to Get Rid of the Evidence."

"Home is Where the Beatings Are."

I don't understand why you don't take up needlepoint. You could make a fortune.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 24, 2012, 09:41:39 PM
Shit. Just looked it up. Even though malignancy is rare if it does go malignant it has an 85% mortality rate with less than a year to live. Wish i hadnt read that. Going to forget about it now.

Is that for people who have frequent screening for early detection, or is it for all cases?

Nephew Twiddleton

Not sure. Wikipedia wasnt clear on that point. But malignancy occurence is at .05% she did say she would have to get an endoscopy every two years.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ah. Esophageal adenocarcinoma has a poor prognosis due to it usually being caught in advanced stages. Looks like it otherwise has an 80% 5 year survival rate as long as its restricted to the mucosa.