News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Not sure if it will do any good but....

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 29, 2011, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Just signed an online petition at the White House website asking for the President to veto that law that would allow the government to kidnap its citizens. Feel free to add a signature if you like. Closes tomorrow.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/veto-national-defense-authorization-act-2012-several-provisions-bill-pose-threat-civil-liberties/GLfhBn6D?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Veto it?  Obama is the one behind the fucker.

Might as well ask Stalin to sign your petition expressing support for Leon Trotsky.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 06:15:49 PM
Just signed an online petition at the White House website asking for the President to veto that law that would allow the government to kidnap its citizens. Feel free to add a signature if you like. Closes tomorrow.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/veto-national-defense-authorization-act-2012-several-provisions-bill-pose-threat-civil-liberties/GLfhBn6D?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Ha! You're all going on the list.

Nephew Twiddleton

Better than doing nothing cain.

Pretty damn close to doing nothing but...

Cain

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 07:51:32 PM
Better than doing nothing cain.

Pretty damn close to doing nothing but...

How, exactly?  As in, I'd like a step-by-step, logical argument to explain how this is better than doing nothing.

Note: I will not accept "giving yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling of Being Involved In Political Activism" as an argument.

Nephew Twiddleton

It shows public displeasure with it.

You know what fuck it. Youre right hes not going to do shit about it but i dont know what else could be done about it.

Cain

Your flaw is in thinking "a few malcontents on the internet" constitute The Public (itself a convenient fiction).

Obama's response is already pre-determined.  It is "fuck you, you already voted for me.  If it bothers you so much, cast a ballot for Gingrinch.  Or Nader.  Ahahahaha".

The Public is just one interest group, 50% of whom don't ever vote, and, of the remaining 50%, roughly 45% will vote for one particular party because of the beastly, partisan and naked ideological commitment of the other, 45% do the same for the opposing party, 2.5% are "independents" who vote based on an ill-concieved notion of political centrism and 2.5% support third parties. 

The Public aint shit compared to Goldman Sachs, Wackenhut or the Pentagon.  The only way this law is going to get repealed is if someone goes to far and locks up Somone Important and With Connections, ie; a member of the ruling elite.  Until then, The Public will just have to suck it up.

Nephew Twiddleton

Well if theres no way to do anything about it theres no point in voicing opposition. I wont bother in the future.

Nephew Twiddleton

However now that im aware of this particular page i might have some fun making up some petitions for some odd thing or another.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 08:18:29 PM
Well if theres no way to do anything about it theres no point in voicing opposition. I wont bother in the future.

Eh there was no reason for this thread to go the direction and tone it went.  A prime example of us sniping on each other for no real good reason. 

Short of running for public office or inheriting a mega billion dollar world influencing company there really is not a lot any of us can actually do.  Well, we can speculate on options, but that's about it.  I understand the thinking behind this petition and I think it does make people feel better to sign these because it makes them feel they've been heard.  It's a natural thing.  However, none of us know what the reaction will be from the US government or Obama to this.  We really don't.  All the politicians are stressing their popularity right now.  It might be the right time for something like this to have an impact where it wouldn't any other time in a presidential term.  You just don't know.

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 08:27:45 PM
However now that im aware of this particular page i might have some fun making up some petitions for some odd thing or another.

You should start a pention....   :lulz:

For stopping all radio transmissions within so many miles of cemetaries until we can see if the signals have any affect on zombies....

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain

Quote from: KharaEh there was no reason for this thread to go the direction and tone it went.  A prime example of us sniping on each other for no real good reason.  

Oh bullshit.  More like your above post is a good example of you sniping on someone else for no good reason.

You want sniping?  Try this: I was talking realpolitik, the art of governance in the actually existing world.  Maybe if you ever bothered to read the vast number of posts on politics and links to other people's writing on politics, you'd understand what that was, you shallow, uncomprehending bint.

Stick to shrill one-sentence spinoffs from hype-driven media.  It's all you can handle.

Nephew Twiddleton

And to a degree i think you might be right. We already elected obama but he may be more receptive to these sorts of things right now as you said. And anyway it didnt take me two minutes to do. Sure this elections a joke but on the other hand thousands of people arent really a few malcontents on the internet.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 09:31:02 PM
Quote from: KharaEh there was no reason for this thread to go the direction and tone it went.  A prime example of us sniping on each other for no real good reason.  

Oh bullshit.  More like your above post is a good example of you sniping on someone else for no good reason.

You want sniping?  Try this: I was talking realpolitik, the art of governance in the actually existing world.  Maybe if you ever bothered to read the vast number of posts on politics and links to other people's writing on politics, you'd understand what that was, you shallow, uncomprehending bint.

Stick to shrill one-sentence spinoffs from hype-driven media.  It's all you can handle.

Love you too Cain.  Glad you are here to tell me all exactly what is wrong with me.  

I'll stick to what you suggest, after all you are so much smarter than I can ever dream of being and you make sure everyone knows it.  

Have a nice day, try not to drown with that nose so turned up like that.  It would be a shame if the world lost your incredible genius.

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain obviously you know more about this shit than us but id appreciate it if we could have a constructive convo about this. Youre being a dick at this point.