News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Places of discussion

Started by 3D3N, January 26, 2009, 12:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

It took me six months to get approved at barbelith.

I don't know what the requirements are now, but I had to give them my WORK e-mail address to provide proof that I was a legit dude.

By the time I was approved I kind of felt like-
if there are this many hoops to hang out with these cats, they must be sitting on a mountain of smug

I didn't hang around too long. There looked like some good discussions there. Certainly they had the same sort of tone as we do.. except instead of chiding people for acting like the PD is the best thing ever, they chide people for thinking the Invisibles is the best shit ever. They got bored discussing it years ago by the looks of it.

How active is it over there, compared with here?

principiadiscordia.com/forum : the principia discordia :: barbelith : the invisibles

Cain

I applied in 2007.  Like, in the spring or something.

So yeah, like I said, fuck them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple "Dave" Zero on January 30, 2009, 11:22:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2009, 09:45:55 PM
Quote from: Requiem on January 30, 2009, 09:30:07 PM
Linking them here may have been a mistake.

Maybe.  But they specified a known web presence.  I would have thought a blog that had run for 2 years, being the admin of a forum and [classified] may have qualified me as having invested myself on the web.

But apparently not.

last I heard from a (non discordian) friend who is a member at Barbelith is that it was kind of dying a slow death. Partly something to do with a really complicated scheme for arriving at bans (something about a number of higher-status members plotting getting together and voting, IIRC). This was a few months ago.

Well, also, it's invitation-only and there's absolutely NO reason to try to get an invite, if you are just going by the front page.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Guys guys guys

I almost forgot

Caustics Containment and Disposal Datasheets! That place ROCKS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on January 31, 2009, 04:38:20 AM
Guys guys guys

I almost forgot

Caustics Containment and Disposal Datasheets! That place ROCKS.

link(s)?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also I was mostly kidding. It's the most boring web BBS in the world.

Raphaella

I made a friend on youtube from barbelith, HE tried to get me in but was at that moment having a dispute with a mod and considering flouncing for good. When I heard Cain had not been answered at all I gave up ever trying to get in there.  :|
I'll do some digging and see if I can't what OP is looking for. But here is a link to a Grant Morrison interview from July of 2008.
http://www.technoccult.com/archives/category/grantmorrison/
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ