News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Sheriff Joe got his fondest wish: Open, unalloyed racism by law.

Started by Doktor Howl, April 17, 2010, 01:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Adios

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on April 17, 2010, 02:04:53 AM
In school Monday, when most of the school does the pledge of allegiance, I'm just going to wait until they get to "Land of the Free" and then projectile vomit onto the nearest redneck.

The worst part is that none of this shit even surprises me anymore.

I suspect the most support for this doesn't come from the rednecks, I bet it comes from middle class people holed up and hiding in their upper scale subdivisions.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 12, 2010, 04:34:59 PM
In school Monday, when most of the school does the pledge of allegiance, I'm just going to wait until they get to "Land of the Free" and then projectile vomit onto the nearest redneck.

I suspect the most support for this doesn't come from the rednecks, I bet it comes from middle class people holed up and hiding in their upper scale subdivisions.

As far as I've seen, at least in Tucson, those that support the bill tend to be at the bottom of the heap.

Which isn't at all surprising.  If they have someone to shit on, they aren't at the very bottom, right?  This is the same mechanism the Southern landowners used to get poor people to fight a civil war, which - had they won - would have guaranteed that the poor whites would be permanently locked into their class.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2010, 05:26:31 PM

As far as I've seen, at least in Tucson, those that support the bill tend to be at the bottom of the heap.

Which isn't at all surprising.  If they have someone to shit on, they aren't at the very bottom, right?  This is the same mechanism the Southern landowners used to get poor people to fight a civil war, which - had they won - would have guaranteed that the poor whites would be permanently locked into their class.

Interesting, but I bow to your first hand knowledge.

Cain

This pretty much explains the appeal of modern conservatism.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on July 12, 2010, 05:35:19 PM

This pretty much explains the appeal of modern conservatism.

"Modern Conservativism: Hey, at least you aren't at the bottom!"
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

I think I need to add "redneck", "hillbilly", and "working stiff" to the dictionary.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2010, 05:49:03 PM
I think I need to add "redneck", "hillbilly", and "working stiff" to the dictionary.

I agree.