News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

OK Cupid: Round IVXXXIX

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 03, 2013, 01:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 24, 2014, 05:32:48 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 23, 2014, 02:13:17 PM
Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 23, 2014, 07:50:02 AM
oh also, i had an honest question for the thread. I have had this profile on OKC for years now, with minimal success (few real dates, and even fewer message responses) I haven't really updated it in a while and i was wondering if i should just tweak the stuff thats changed in the meantime(for instance, I've now got my BA and am no longer a student) or start over from scratch. I've got a rough draft for a new profile, but first i'd like to know what you guys think. here it is:

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Chelagoras

In addition to everything Nigel said, get rid of the income, add a couple more things on "you should message me if," switch out your profile pic for one with better lighting and focus, and answer another couple hundred questions. Oh, and your media section needs some newer entries, too.

I don't know if this is universal, but every time I see "kissing" "cuddling" or similar smarmy shit in the good at section I barf a little in my mouth. This may be a personal problem.
would the luchador pics be too much? they have a much better lighting and focus and are pretty epic in their own right. On the other hand I could see how someone could write me off as a whacko for posting them. On the strange vestigial third hand however, i am a proud and unabashed whacko, and thus I feel I should be honest about what i'm bringing to the table here.  :lulz:

If you haven't already read the OKTrends post on the best type of profile pics, I strongly recommend it. Basically, you want sharp focus on your face, very little else going on in the picture, and to put your weird right out front. Luchador is a little weird, not because it's a weird thing in general but because it's covering your face, so I don't know how that would play out for you.

hooplala

Judging has gotten a bad rap.  Maybe because of that "judge not, lest ye be judged" jive, but guess what? That's in the bible, and therefor does not apply to me.

I will unashamedly judge. You can choose to ignore my judgements if you like, but that won't stop me from making them.

Also, and I realize I'm not letting out a secret here, but if a guy needs to advertise that's he's nice, he's not.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on November 24, 2014, 02:39:40 PM
Judging has gotten a bad rap.  Maybe because of that "judge not, lest ye be judged" jive, but guess what? That's in the bible, and therefor does not apply to me.

I will unashamedly judge. You can choose to ignore my judgements if you like, but that won't stop me from making them.

Also, and I realize I'm not letting out a secret here, but if a guy needs to advertise that's he's nice, he's not.

Amen, brother.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 24, 2014, 05:16:50 AM
had a pretty great OKC date tonight. Great girl, fun and super nerdy. we had dinner then went for drinks at this bar nearby that does karaoke( i sang three of my most ridiculous songs, she was too shy) We had super great conversation and everything just felt easy and comfortable. I can't wait to see her again. :D

Yay!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Strangely enough, I was considering starting up a new OKCupid profile the other day.

Not until my essays are over (so, Christmas), but maybe after that...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 24, 2014, 03:54:04 PM
Strangely enough, I was considering starting up a new OKCupid profile the other day.

Not until my essays are over (so, Christmas), but maybe after that...

THE LOVE DOCTOR IS IN.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Metal Bear on November 24, 2014, 01:28:12 PM
had a pretty great OKC date tonight. Great girl, fun and super nerdy. we had dinner then went for drinks at this bar nearby that does karaoke( i sang three of my most ridiculous songs, she was too shy) We had super great conversation and everything just felt easy and comfortable. I can't wait to see her again. :D

*brofisthoof*

Fix'd that for ya.

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hello Waffles on November 24, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

*brofisthoof*

Fix'd that for ya.

They got waffles.   :cry:
Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 04:28:34 PM
Quote from: Hello Waffles on November 24, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

*brofisthoof*

Fix'd that for ya.

They got waffles.   :cry:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 23, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
It's still a spade, I'm still well within my rights to call it a spade.

Which is, as I read it, what he was doing as well. He's not wrong, doesn't necessarily imply that you are. It's a half-assed sewer that only one person at a time can shit into. 
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on November 24, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

Which is, as I read it, what he was doing as well. He's not wrong, doesn't necessarily imply that you are. It's a half-assed sewer that only one person at a time can shit into.

He is wrong, and I can pinpoint the exact moment he went wrong.

What's happening in his relationship is between himself and his wife.

Where he became incontrovertibly wrong, though, is when he took it upon himself to contact a woman who HAS MADE IT CLEAR SHE IS NOT INTERESTED, and tried to shame her into changing her profile to make it more palatable to him.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on November 24, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

But he said he doesn't think cheating is a word that should be applied to marriages  :?