News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Eris and the Zen Master

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, May 12, 2003, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

*Smacks everyone with Eris's sledgehammer*

Hey, that's not haiku!
You're just counting syllables!
Stop that this instant!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

MedeoPlusPlus

Thanks for the bump, Bella...

It reminded me of how much I miss Zenji :(
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

Bella

You're welcome.
I wish he'd come back, too. :cry:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Nikoli Volkoff

"If you memorize slogans, you are unable to make subtle adaptations according to the situation. It is not that there is no way to teach insight to learners, but once you have learned away it is essential that you get i to work completely. If you just stick to your teacher's school and memorize sogans, this is not enlightenment, it is a part of intellectual knowledge.
    This is why it is said, "When your perception only equals that of your teacher, you lessen the teacher's virtue by half. When your perception goes beyond the teacher, only then can you epress the teacher's teaching" "

Zen Master Fayan
The Hidden stone ripens fast, then laid bare like a turnip can easily be cut out at last but even then the danger isn't past. That man lives best who's fain to live half mad, half sane. -Flemish Poet Jan Van Stijevoort, 1524.