News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Unlimited Ferguson Thread of police state nightmare fuel.

Started by Da6s, August 14, 2014, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

I'm inclined to agree.

I'm trying to think of an apt comparison for the lone black guy who was part of the pro-police demo.

QuoteOne was bought by Martin Baker, a consultant and former Republican congressional primary candidate and the only black member of the crowd. "People are too quick to play the race card," said Baker, 44, on widespread claims by black residents Ferguson residents that they are subjected to institutional racism by the city's almost unanimously white authorities. "Lawlessness knows no colour."

I bet he's a popular chap with the locals.

No, Seriously, he probably is. For a start all those people now know a black guy so they can say all sorts of cretinous crap and it's O.K now. They've got a black friend you see. Racists don't have black friends.

"Judas Goat"?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/18/video-john-olivers-scathing-take-on-ferguson/

Incidentally, I've tweeted Senators Warren and Markey, and Representative Capuano about whether or not they would support legislation curbing the militarization of law enforcement. I've received no response.

Da6s

Just saw a tweet where someonehad a list of all the places that have been hit by looters with sources. Holy shit. Explains last nights aggressive force better. 

QuoteQuick Trip (looted & burned)

Domino's Pizza (looted & burned)

Ferguson Chop Suey (looted & burned)

Taco Bell (looted & vandalized)

St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store (who loots a church thrift store?)

Autozone

Red's BBQ

Shoe Carnival

Zisser Tire Auto Service

Sam's Meat Market

Dellwood Market

Target

Walmart

Ferguson Market & Liqour

Yellow Diamond Boutique

Feel Beauty Supply

Foot Locker

Kmart

PNC Bank

Walgreens

Quick Cash

Family Dollar

Boost Mobile

DTLR

Hibbett Sports

Velvet Freeze Ice Cream

Remy Beauty Supply

Cricket Wireless

Phillips 66

Energy Express

JC Wireless

T-Mobile

Sprint

Radioshack

Firestone Complete Auto Care Store

Dollar General

Up N Up Fashion

Office Depot

Knodel's Bakery and Catering

Hohmeier Auto Body

Dierbergs Market

Ross Dress for Less

Advance Auto Parts

ToysRUs

Payless Shoe Store
Sources:
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/10/report-michael-brown-protesters-damage-police-vehicles-on-west-florissant/
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zQXCU9jTCWt8.k_AxWZwk4ODM
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/16/crisis-in-ferguson/
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Junkenstein

Strange there's no mention of force contium yet. As I understand things, local cops need to state a series of warnings prior to any shooting (stop/drop weapon etc.) 3 letter agencies have a lot more wiggle room depending on circumstances. I guess I'm just curious as to why  all levels of law enforcement have gained FBI/dea/atf shooting requirements and protection.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

Quote from: Da6s on August 19, 2014, 04:48:28 AM
Just saw a tweet where someonehad a list of all the places that have been hit by looters with sources. Holy shit. Explains last nights aggressive force better. 

QuoteQuick Trip (looted & burned)

Domino's Pizza (looted & burned)

Ferguson Chop Suey (looted & burned)

Taco Bell (looted & vandalized)

St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store (who loots a church thrift store?)

Autozone

Red's BBQ

Shoe Carnival

Zisser Tire Auto Service

Sam's Meat Market

Dellwood Market

Target

Walmart

Ferguson Market & Liqour

Yellow Diamond Boutique

Feel Beauty Supply

Foot Locker

Kmart

PNC Bank

Walgreens

Quick Cash

Family Dollar

Boost Mobile

DTLR

Hibbett Sports

Velvet Freeze Ice Cream

Remy Beauty Supply

Cricket Wireless

Phillips 66

Energy Express

JC Wireless

T-Mobile

Sprint

Radioshack

Firestone Complete Auto Care Store

Dollar General

Up N Up Fashion

Office Depot

Knodel's Bakery and Catering

Hohmeier Auto Body

Dierbergs Market

Ross Dress for Less

Advance Auto Parts

ToysRUs

Payless Shoe Store
Sources:
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/10/report-michael-brown-protesters-damage-police-vehicles-on-west-florissant/
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zQXCU9jTCWt8.k_AxWZwk4ODM
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/16/crisis-in-ferguson/

Military armed men have no place in civilian settings unless the civilians are armed... i mean, really? kill them all in the name of taco bell?

Theres a reason why the military is not police and viceversa, one is for killing and the other is supposed to uphold the laws thru detention (which most of the time means incapacitating by arrest or non lethal means, and if someone is endangering others, thats what the SWAT teams are for).

Since when are civilians of your own country treated as enemy combatants... OH WAIT, i forgot its the 21st century.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bruno

Formerly something else...

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 19, 2014, 07:44:12 AM
Strange there's no mention of force contium yet. As I understand things, local cops need to state a series of warnings prior to any shooting (stop/drop weapon etc.) 3 letter agencies have a lot more wiggle room depending on circumstances. I guess I'm just curious as to why  all levels of law enforcement have gained FBI/dea/atf shooting requirements and protection.

Generally speaking, the force continuum is more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule or legal requirement. Basically, if any "reasonable officer" thinks that the force used was justified, it is...
Consider:
>officer makes contact with suspect in a traffic stop (we now have #1 on the contiuum, force of presence)
>officer orders suspect to present ID (#2, lawful orders)
>suspect refuses, goes nuts and starts making threats and pull a gun (suspect just elevated shit immensely)
>officer responds by shooting the suspect (skipped unarmed subject control and less-lethal weapons and jumped to lethal force because it's "reasonable" to counter the threat of an armed attacker)

In this example case, because it can be argued that a reasonable officer (hell, a reasonable civillian in most cases) would deem this appropriate use of force, it's legal.

Unrelated to that, but it's getting real interesting what with the Klan and New Black Panthers showing up. Having two diametrically opposed, highly infiltrated, hate groups throwing shit at each other should prove to make this an absolutely abysmal situation.

hooplala

The Black Panthers are not the black equivalent of the KKK, in case you didn't get the memo.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Hoopla on August 19, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
The Black Panthers are not the black equivalent of the KKK, in case you didn't get the memo.

He did, and then promptly misinterpreted said memo.

von

save it.

the new black panthers are certainly an infiltrated organisation given their big name and record of allegations such as voter intimidation, etc.

I could care less whether they're black klansmen or not -- the point is that they're man who was thursday tier infiltrated, just like any other big name controversial group.

same with the kkk...

it was mentioned earlier about agents provocateur...with these two groups in town, I think you've got your candidates...

hooplala

Quote from: von on August 19, 2014, 11:19:47 PM

save it.

the new black panthers are certainly an infiltrated organisation given their big name and record of allegations such as voter intimidation, etc.

I could care less whether they're black klansmen or not -- the point is that they're man who was thursday tier infiltrated, just like any other big name controversial group.

same with the kkk...

it was mentioned earlier about agents provocateur...with these two groups in town, I think you've got your candidates...

Um, no.  See the thing is the Black Panthers don't erect flaming effigies of hate on people's front lawns. They don't hunt human beings down, cut off their genitals, stuff them in their mouths, and then hang them from trees.

The two organizations are not even remotely similar, and the fact that you think they are says a lot about you. Maybe Stormfront is more your speed?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman