News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Discordia as a Religion?

Started by Cramulus, September 03, 2008, 07:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurbldoff

Then prove to me that Discordia is not an onion.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

LMNO

Quote from: wlfjstr on September 17, 2008, 03:45:36 AM
I thought the whole point was that it is a religion. 

No.  It's a joke, disguised as a religion, remember?

nurbldoff

Or a religion disguised as an onion.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Requia ☣

Quote from: LMNO on September 18, 2008, 07:07:53 PM

And here I thought it was a religion disguised as a joke.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Requiem on September 18, 2008, 07:30:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 18, 2008, 07:07:53 PM

And here I thought it was a religion disguised as a joke.

And here I was joking about it being a thought disguised as a religion.

LMNO

And here I am, shitting on your head.

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on September 18, 2008, 07:34:15 PM
And here I am, shitting on your head.

and here I am, making ass hats

:asshat:

AFK

and here I am, rocking you like a hurricane
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Buddha Dada

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 18, 2008, 12:34:27 PM
has anyone ever told you to shut the ever-loving fuck up?

does that mean you dont wanna cuddle and talk?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LHX

i think anything religious-esque that can be found in anything discordian is suggestive at best

at root its a tool box of perspectives not commonly found in modern western society

whatever any individual does to keep these tools at hand and sharpened (ie. keep them in mind) is up to the individual

if you need to jerk off while thinking of something called eris - so be it
if you need to go somewhere on sundays - so be it
if you need to eat a certain thing - so be it

and if you wanna show it off to other people as a facet of what you do with your psychological tools - thats all good too

when im feeling flamboyant i wear a pink shirt
neat hell

tyrannosaurus vex

I think Discordianism needs to be a religion, one that's heavily commercialized and compatible with popular culture, and as attractive as possible to people who are looking for something to tell them what to do. That way, we could take in millions and millions of suckers and program them to do things that subvert society without them having to necessarily be in on the plan at all.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: vexati0n on October 11, 2008, 11:46:07 PM
I think Discordianism needs to be a religion, one that's heavily commercialized and compatible with popular culture, and as attractive as possible to people who are looking for something to tell them what to do. That way, we could take in millions and millions of suckers and program them to do things that subvert society without them having to necessarily be in on the plan at all.

:mittens:
Integrity vs. Money and Cult Leadership...  :lulz:  I know what I want!

We will, however, be obliged to lead an Inquisition against the people who call us False and claim to be Real Discordians.

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on October 11, 2008, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: vexati0n on October 11, 2008, 11:46:07 PM

:mittens:
Integrity vs. Money and Cult Leadership...  :lulz:  I know what I want!

We will, however, be obliged to lead an Inquisition against the people who call us False and claim to be Real Discordians.

Wrong.

The Inquisition would have to go after those who DON'T think they are the really real discordians for realness. Cause those spags are obviously just on a long and deep cover troll.