News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Intelligent Design students who get 20% of their grades from trolling..

Started by Captain Utopia, August 10, 2009, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:55:04 PM
i dunno i usually call it the evil word that cannot be named
its like the voldemort of language

You know now that I want to add insult to injury and use that word in a pun, right?  

But, I figure you've been meme'd enough as it is.  

:lulz:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Pir Pariah on August 10, 2009, 07:59:29 PM
Your making out the word that cannot be named to be a much bigger thing then it is. There is much more important shit than it.
Then help me out. I'm not sure I understand.

Right now I see it as a thread about memes, thread-jacked from the first reply, and the resulting attempt to stifle any discussion about memes.

Is there more to it than that?

fomenter

i want to stop every discusion from being meme'd by having that stupid word being thrust into them..

rwhn :wink:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

AFK

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Pir Pariah on August 10, 2009, 07:59:29 PM
Your making out the word that cannot be named to be a much bigger thing then it is. There is much more important shit than it.
Then help me out. I'm not sure I understand.

Right now I see it as a thread about memes, thread-jacked from the first reply, and the resulting attempt to stifle any discussion about memes.

Is there more to it than that?

Nope.  This is the part where you walk out in a huff.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

NWC

Related: One of my girlfriend's best friends is a creationist, and today she tried explained all of her arguments to my girlfriend for believing in microevolution but not macroevolution. My girlfriend considers herself a Christian, but not thoroughly, I would consider her more agnostic than anything(though I think I have something to do with that). Anyway my girlfriend told me after their conversation that she thought all of it was silly and she ended up changing the subject so as not to get into a fight.

I love my girlfriend :)
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Captain Utopia

Quote from: NWC on August 10, 2009, 09:36:31 PM
Related: One of my girlfriend's best friends is a creationist, and today she tried explained all of her arguments to my girlfriend for believing in microevolution but not macroevolution. My girlfriend considers herself a Christian, but not thoroughly, I would consider her more agnostic than anything(though I think I have something to do with that). Anyway my girlfriend told me after their conversation that she thought all of it was silly and she ended up changing the subject so as not to get into a fight.

I love my girlfriend :)
That's interesting - I wasn't aware that creationists made a distinction. Given the ability of Christians to law-of-five themselves into a tizzy over anything, it seems like a dangerous move for them to step onto the field at all.

Given that I see evolution/emergence almost everywhere I look, I think that danger for them is real.

NWC

I read the reasoning.. but it was in something about biology and it was in French, something about flagella.. it wasn't really coherent. I mean, I see how it could have made sense to her, because she's super Christian, so everything she reads serves no purpose but to prove her bias, but it was mostly mumbo-jumbo that I felt was just trying to "out-field" my girlfriend, who knows nothing of biology.

Again, I'm proud of her :)
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Triple Zero

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: Regret on August 10, 2009, 07:40:24 PM
i just wanted to take the time to say that i dont care enough about you to respond to any thing you post.
That's fair enough. I can only hope that by this time next year that situation will have changed.

Naturally! That is when we will bump your threads for shits'n giggles!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:45:13 PM
Quotememe
is my least favourite word ever. it makes me cringe and gag and want to kill people. i has been used TOO MANY TIMES in the last 4 threads i have read
STOP. STOPPPPP!!!!!!! IM GOING TO BLOW UP THE INTERNETS SOON. JUST STOP ITTTTTTT
Is it the word or the idea behind the word that bugs you? I'd happily use a synonym if it expressed a deeper meaning to the concept.

You'd probably be better of by using instead, in most situations seems to express your intention better, anyway.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 11, 2009, 12:22:56 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: Regret on August 10, 2009, 07:40:24 PM
i just wanted to take the time to say that i dont care enough about you to respond to any thing you post.
That's fair enough. I can only hope that by this time next year that situation will have changed.
Naturally! That is when we will bump your threads for shits'n giggles!

And this is why Christian trolls carrying all that baggage about forgiveness and atonement will fail. How can you hope to escape your mindset, if you are not mercilessly reminded that you have not escaped your mindset? If you can't escape your mindset, how can you help others to do the same?

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 11, 2009, 12:28:11 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:45:13 PM
Quotememe
is my least favourite word ever. it makes me cringe and gag and want to kill people. i has been used TOO MANY TIMES in the last 4 threads i have read
STOP. STOPPPPP!!!!!!! IM GOING TO BLOW UP THE INTERNETS SOON. JUST STOP ITTTTTTT
Is it the word or the idea behind the word that bugs you? I'd happily use a synonym if it expressed a deeper meaning to the concept.

You'd probably be better of by using instead, in most situations seems to express your intention better, anyway.
I'm not sure what you mean by this - where should I use "instead"?

Triple Zero

No, not to use the word "instead", I meant, instead of the word "meme".

Rumckle

meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme

MEME!!
It's not trolling, it's just satire.