Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Malaysian Airlines plane shot down over Ukraine

Started by Suu, July 17, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on July 20, 2014, 07:48:38 AM
Quote from: Cain on July 18, 2014, 05:28:18 PM
The problem is the narrative has been this for a long time before now, and I don't see this changing that in any way at all.  Ever since before the fall of Slaviansk, Russian nationalists have been bitching that Putin isn't doing enough, isn't supporting the rebels enough, isn't putting the full pressure of the Russian state on the Ukrainians.  Downing a plane wouldn't really change that narrative, at this stage it's too firmly entrenched.  I've gotten the strong impression from Russian nationalist circles I keep an eye on that nothing Putin does, short of dunking Obama's head down a toilet at the next international conference, is ever good enough for them.
Is anyone else slightly amused that this sounds like exactly what Obama is going though with the Tea Party, just in a different hemishere? :lulz:
Not me.

I'm just depressed at the rise in nationalism and its sidekick: bigotry.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Hmm:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28416973

QuoteLate on Monday the rebels, including Alexander Borodai, self-styled Prime Minister of the Donetsk People's Republic, handed over the "black box" flight recorders to Malaysian officials at a ceremony in Donetsk.

QuoteInvestigators hope the devices, described as being in good condition, will provide vital clues about what happened to the plane.

The handover of the "black boxes" and the transfer of remains followed talks between Mr Borodai and the Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28416973

Seems like an odd move to make if you were apparently responsible. So the inital guesses would be that the data to potentially be revealed will place the blame on Ukraine forces or it's had a big magnet near it and won't reveal a damn thing, which is equally telling I suppose.

QuoteMeanwhile international monitors say parts of the wreckage have been changed since they first saw it.

Fuckery abounds. Finger pointing to follow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

It's worth noting that the Donetsk People's Republic is strongly influenced by Moscow.  "Strelkov", the leader of the militia, is FSB (current/former up for debate).  Russia doesn't want an incident with America over this.  How many arms did Russia twist or break?  Probably a few, but it's what they're good at.  Maybe Borodai will get asylum once Kyiv crushes the insurgency, in return for his compliance.

It is also possible that Ukraine did down the plane.  I mean, Ukraine lied about having its own anti-aircraft weapons in the area after that, despite the strong evidence of them in Slaviyansk (presumably to deter a Russian air force attack in aid of the rebels).

Count Chocula

First I have heard of this funny-business. Thank GAWD this forum exists, I don't know where else I would get the news from. Probably not a big deal, I'm sure Obamer will step up and take care of it.

Count Chocula

*You have reached the voice mailbox of PRESIDENT OBAMER I'm sorry, this mailbox is currently full. If this is an emergency, contact your local exclusive golf course. If you are an immigrant trying to enter the country illegally, please feel free to do so. Thank you and goodbye.*

Count Chocula

3 days and not one bite? Forum is dead off to TCC I guess.

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."