News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Intermittens #5

Started by hooplala, December 18, 2008, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Fair enough.

Ok, I will start combing the old threads for anything related to the Law of Fives... if anyone has anything they've written, or knows something written on the subject, or would like to write something on the subject, please post it in this thread.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Fuquad

Quote from: Cramulus on December 18, 2008, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 18, 2008, 06:46:03 PM
I created a page at the BIP wiki with links to the Intermittens issues.  www.blackironprison.com  I will update it as they come out.

:mittens:

Quote from: HOOPLA on December 18, 2008, 05:53:48 PM
I like both ideas actually.  Can they be combined?

color me bland, but I'd prefer the issues to be numbered sequentially. It will be much less confusing down the line, especially when we have over 10 issues. Is it really much of a mindfuck to confuse ourselves by having randomly numbered issues or a bunch of issue 5s? Keep it Simple!
We could always put the date of release on the covers.

it would seem that would be a big clue as to what came out when.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuquad on December 18, 2008, 09:03:09 PM
I created a page at the BIP wiki with links to the Intermittens issues.  www.blackironprison.com  I will update it as they come out.

color me bland, but I'd prefer the issues to be numbered sequentially. It will be much less confusing down the line, especially when we have over 10 issues. Is it really much of a mindfuck to confuse ourselves by having randomly numbered issues or a bunch of issue 5s? Keep it Simple!

Not really.

Since it's not on a regular publication schedule, it's not like a reader could just look at it and go, "oh, #23 is the April/May 2009 issue, and since I already have the February/March and June/July issues, I know my collection is complete".

So I guess you'd have to decide whether it matters if it's hard for people to tell, down the road, whether they've read all the issues.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

It seems too difficult, and to be honest I'm just happy that the Intermittens project is even happening.  Let's forget it and just press forward.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Fuquad

Quote from: The Rabid Badger of God on December 18, 2008, 09:40:28 PM
Quote from: Fuquad on December 18, 2008, 09:03:09 PM

Not really.

Since it's not on a regular publication schedule, it's not like a reader could just look at it and go, "oh, #23 is the April/May 2009 issue, and since I already have the February/March and June/July issues, I know my collection is complete".

So I guess you'd have to decide whether it matters if it's hard for people to tell, down the road, whether they've read all the issues.
I didn't know that we weren't going to make them all available at the same place.

hooplala

Well, that's up to whomever is passing them around, I suppose.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

For the most part I agree, however:

Quote from: HOOPLA on December 18, 2008, 04:45:34 PM
Would it be amusing to skip an issue and yet pretend it actually existed?  We could make fake letters to the editor complaining about how offensive the issue was, etc.

This idea amuses me greatly. A "letters to the editor" section filled with damning criticisms of how horrible the (nonexistent) issue #4 was could be pretty funny.

Dear Editor,

While I was generally pleased with the content of Intermittens issues 1 through 3,
I'm afraid that issue number 4 was a shameful stain on this publication's young
reputation. Neither I nor any of my friends are easily offended, as we are all
fun-loving people, but the "humor" in that issue was simply atrocious and should
not have been made public. I don't know what other sick ideas you people have in
those twisted minds of yours, but please, keep them to yourselves and let's have
Intermittens be a generally enjoyable and thought-provoking magazine once again.

Sincerely,
Robert W.

Yo, magazine people!

All I have to say is: what the hell is WRONG with you?! I mean, I liked your
magazine up until now, but damn... At the very least, I think future issues
could do without any more content like that on page 6 of issue #4.

-Jerry

Dear editor,

Wow! Intermittens #4 was the best one yet! I got kicked out of class when I
burst out laughing at the centerfold (genius, by the way!) and my math teacher
saw it, but I still think it's great. More issues like that one, please!

-Alice D.

ATTN EDITOR

YOU ARE GOING TO HELL.

-An0nymous4Chr1st

hooplala

Yes, I like this idea a lot. 

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

:lulz:

yeah, could be a good running joke

an issue so incredible we had to pull it off the internet immediately
and cannot even ALLUDE to why

Cainad (dec.)

In a future issue (like maybe 6 or 7), a message from the editor:

Dear Readers,

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill requests for copies of the infamous Intermittens #4.
To do so would create a strong case for government-enforced internet censorship, which
is not something we, the Intermittens staff, want to see. The issue was pulled after
overwhelming negative criticism, and some positive criticism from people we'd rather
not receive praise from. Please, stop asking us to re-release it. It's better to forget.

Cramulus

rather than "everybody hated it" how about reframe the tone to "the public couldn't handle it"?

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on December 19, 2008, 01:33:01 AM
rather than "everybody hated it" how about reframe the tone to "the public couldn't handle it"?

Agreed.  :lulz: That way we can make up contradictory complaints from various sections of society. Letters should also refer to the 'recurring' pieces, like the horoscopes, etc, etc.

There should also be a non-existent piece authored by "Stephen C., Third Outer Head, AISB" that receives complaints/complements.

[As an aside, I'm working through Issue 01. Sorry about the dragging. I'm in a slump, and leaking mucus.]
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Fuquad

Ok let me get this straight.

while we are trying to get people to think they do not have a complete collection the issue numbering policy is going to made so that people can track all the issues easier?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Fuquad on December 19, 2008, 02:05:16 AM

while we are trying to get people to think they do not have a complete collection the issue numbering policy is going to made so that people can track all the issues easier?

Yeah.

Fuquad

Quote from: Cainad on December 19, 2008, 02:11:20 AM
Quote from: Fuquad on December 19, 2008, 02:05:16 AM

Yeah.

Ok I'm up to speed.