OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

As tempting as it is, unfortunately such a measure would probably reduce the quality of care for the residents even further.

Instead, I'm dusting off my bureaucratic in-fighting gloves.  There is a certain satisfaction in killing people with paperwork, regulations, ominous invocations to Human Resources and powerpoint presentations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 01, 2014, 05:20:52 PM
As tempting as it is, unfortunately such a measure would probably reduce the quality of care for the residents even further.

Instead, I'm dusting off my bureaucratic in-fighting gloves.  There is a certain satisfaction in killing people with paperwork, regulations, ominous invocations to Human Resources and powerpoint presentations.

Are you releasing the Wrath of Red Tape Guy?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Oh yes.  Academic reading regulations mode engaged.

Failing that, I'll just escalate in a more reliable, crazy way.  While the individual in question has no authority over me, the clique in question is lead (of course) by a supervisor.  She could make my life difficult...but there would be costs.  She could change my rota, but my contract specifically forbids University dates, and I'm already working the worst possible shifts.  She could try and blacken my work record, but I've kept records of her own pathetic work "standards", and believe me, I can throw that mud in a way it's certain to stick.

Also, I don't place much stock on the opinion of idiots (though I do object to having my reputation blackened by idiots, a subtle but important distinction). So that kinda ruins their main avenue of attack.

Suu

My allergies are killing me.

And I'm also fighting the urge to shave my head, and it's not even that hot out yet.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's, functionally, finals week. I not longer care AT ALL about Chemistry, which is making it really hard to focus on the homework. I might just end up with a B in this class, and I do not give a fuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Cain, if you're in the mood to share your tactics and narrative, an OM thread would be a lot of fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 01, 2014, 08:41:48 PM
Cain, if you're in the mood to share your tactics and narrative, an OM thread would be a lot of fun.

Hm yes, this!

Suu

So I'm registered for three classes in the fall, and I have a slot for one more once the department tells me where to go.

Museum Studies
Early History of Ancient Greece
Saints, Sinners and Heretics, which sounds like everything I could possibly wish for.  :lulz:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on June 01, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
And I'm also fighting the urge to shave my head, and it's not even that hot out yet.

You're adorable.

TGRR,
110F today, don't give a fuck.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on June 02, 2014, 01:02:01 AM
So I'm registered for three classes in the fall, and I have a slot for one more once the department tells me where to go.

Museum Studies
Early History of Ancient Greece
Saints, Sinners and Heretics, which sounds like everything I could possibly wish for.  :lulz:

Sounds like fun!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

minuspace

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 02, 2014, 01:24:09 AM
Quote from: The Suu on June 01, 2014, 06:13:06 PM

You're adorable.

TGRR,
110F today, don't give a fuck.

You also already have no hair. Well, on your head.