News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Hakim Bey

Started by Zombie Space Chicken, December 05, 2003, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Space Chicken

I'm currently in the middle of a book by Hakim Bey called "T.A.Z.: The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Ontological Anarchy, Poetic Terrorism."
I have found this book to be one of the most brilliant writings that I have read in quite some time. Especially the section with Chaos:The Broadsheets of Ontological Anarchism.
Anyone else read this book? Can anyone recommend anything else that he has written?
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." -Carl Gustav Jung

Slarti

i've looked over it, it looks really cool. can someone explain this 'ontological anarchism' thing?

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Slarti the Name Changer !i've looked over it, it looks really cool. can someone explain this 'ontological anarchism' thing?

it is all invariably bullshit. hakim bey is one of those blasted futurists.

death to all of em i say!
Hell is other people.

EvilPoet

Quote from: ChickenslayerCan anyone recommend anything else that he has written?
The Writings of Hakim Bey

Quote from: Slarti the Name Changer !can someone explain this 'ontological anarchism' thing?
Ontological Anarchy in a Nutshell

Slarti

that's supremely awesome. thanks evil poet!

EvilPoet

You're very welcome Slarti!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

http://www.t0.or.at/hakimbey/hakimbey.htm

Check that site out. It has most of Bey's work. And most of it is kopyleft (k).

For alternative news from the USA check out:  http://www.voxfux.com/

They have links to other such sites.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

eumaas

What? NAMBLA Bey? I've never liked any of his stuff.

Caliko

isn't Hakim Bey one of Robert Anton Wilson's many pseudonyms?

Lord_Caramac

Quote from: Calikoisn't Hakim Bey one of Robert Anton Wilson's many pseudonyms?

Nobody really knows who Hakim Bey is. It doesn't really matter. I like some of his T.A.Z. ideas.
May the Fnord be with you!
-><-
"This schland is your schland, this schland is my schland..."
-><-
Bart: How would I go about creating a half man, half monkey type creature?
Miss Krabapple: I'm sorry, that would be playing God.
Bart: God-shmod, I want my monkey man!
-><-
Lord BlackLight
aka Lord Helmet
aka ElfBoi
aka Lord Caramac the Clueless, NPIAB
Knight of the Big Toe
aka His Arrogance Pope Cereal I., KBB, GHMB, DHB
-><-
St. Yogi Bear Cabal
-><-
Jabber: elfboi@jabber.org (NOT email - check www.jabber.org)

Anonymous

I dunno...anyone that R.A. Wilson calls "a Blake angel on bad acid" was definitely worth a read. Even though I don't like to believe anything I read, I still found it well worth reading just for the inspiration it gave me and the ideas I got from it.

Zombie Space Chicken

Dammit....forgot to log in...the above was obviously me...
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." -Carl Gustav Jung

EvilPoet

AFAIK - Hakim Bey is also known as Peter Lamborn Wilson.

Caliko

I think Robert Shea and RAW are the same person, and that RAW is one of the two authors of the Principia.

Horab Fibslager

naw, raw is one of the members of the illuminati(chicago or berkely chapter) with whom a conspiracy was made by greg hill and kerry thornley(et al) for no particular reason. he may or may not be mad malik from the illuminati letter on page 00072, tho i don think so cuz raw wrote himself into the illuminatus! trilogy btu i don;t think as malik. he also wrote hismelf into the shrodinger's cat trilogy, but it's more obvious in each universe who he is(as opposed to illuminatus!)

robert shea is a different person as well, as evidenced by his seperate bibliography.

the pd was written mostly by greg hill, cept for what he ripped off from others, tho he gets the credit for writing it for having put it all together(notice it's malaclypse the younger's name on teh cover, and not anyone else)
Hell is other people.