News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Signs I put on my office door.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 31, 2012, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have half of my boyfriend's desk  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on January 31, 2012, 06:31:16 PM

Is it haunted?

Because my desk is haunted.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on January 31, 2012, 06:31:16 PM

Ooof... desk sharing.

Haven't had to do that since... Well, long time anyway. Perhaps 2008-2009. Coding questionnaires. Number two pencil. Office use only.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Scribbly

I have a corner of a desk shared by three other people. It is a large desk, but I am gradually learning to hate them all.

Thankfully I only occupy it two days a week. The rest of the time I am at home (and more and more of that time I am searching for another job).
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

LMNO

Cubicle field.  The only thing of interest on my walls is the Notice of Compulsory Illumination, and Syn's Scrid.

East Coast Hustle

What is a "cubicle"?

Is that like a square popsicle?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

It's the walls they build around you when you work at a desk for too long.  It's happening at my job.  I think it's some kind of elaborate prank.

East Coast Hustle

what is a "desk"?

You guys are weird.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 01, 2012, 07:10:32 AM
what is a "desk"?

You guys are weird.

It is the place that their muscles atrophy and their fat reserves grow while they stave off being eaten by blue collar workers.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

I have a sign on my door.  It reads "I am off duty from 6pm tonight to 9pm tomorrow, ring this person for assistance".

Below that there is a sign which says "that means don't knock on my door".

Below that there is a sign in Russian and Chinese which says "if you value your late curfew and free time at least, fuckers" or words to that effect.

Also, I do not have a desk.  I have two chairs, one of which I rest my legs on.  I sit by my window, looking over north London and declaring "fuck, I need another coffee".  You would too, if you could see directly into Dalston on a clear day.

Phox

Gah, makes me wish I had an actual office. Although, I think threatening my peers/students via signs would be a bad idea.  :cry:

Cain

My office is unfortunately my apartment.  For the 2013-14 academic year, I will actually have a proper office, which will be awesome (also a proper apartment, with much more privacy, a more central location in London and greater control over the premises - shit, I can't wait), but for now, I live where I work and vice-versa.

Which does make commuting easy, but also makes it easier for my boss and co-workers to find me when I'm slacking off.  :sad:

navkat