News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

the space program

Started by sakredchao, August 04, 2004, 05:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

a great manythings we take for granted everyday are as ssuch as a direct result fo the space prgram, tho it may be dificult to detect because nobody sells nasa brand computers, toasters, or tang, among a hudnred thousand other products.

alto of it may seem frivolous int aht sense especially, but i reckon if anything is gona give the humanrace an excuse to get it's ass back in gear after a century of largess, it's what lies in space. part of the problem is after flying aroudn the world in a few hours for decades,a three year trip to amrs seems liek forever, when explorers of olde would spend lifetimes traveling to places they didn't even knwo existed let aloen coudl see in a telescope and send advance probes to.

besides the common cold is the product of millions upon millions of different virus strains, mutating constantly. the human immune system is the best cure for that.
Hell is other people.

Wishfarple

Quote from: name goes herea great manythings we take for granted everyday are as ssuch as a direct result fo the space prgram, tho it may be dificult to detect because nobody sells nasa brand computers, toasters, or tang, among a hudnred thousand other products.

To which I have to ask, "Why!?"

Fuck, I can't find Tang anywhere, much less NASA Tang.  That new citrus Listerine tastes a LOT like Tang, but it's definitely not for drinking.  Trust me on that one.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

sakredchao

eh.  i like the space program, i mean.  how else will we conquer other solar systems and create the galactic empire.  

we have to start somewhere.  we have to start sometime.  
what better time than here?  what better time than now?
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: sakredchaoeh.  i like the space program, i mean.  how else will we conquer other solar systems and create the galactic empire.  

we have to start somewhere.  we have to start sometime.  
what better time than here?  what better time than now?

now mroe than ever.

the martians may already be preparing for our invasion forces.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: sakredchaohumans have put people on the moon
we shot bach into space, and it's nearing the edge of our heliosphere
we put satelites around our planet that give us bad TV and cell phones
we sent satalites to jupiter
we built a space station
we sent RC cars to mars
we are trying to send more to mercury

we have not developed a cure to the common cold

this is a gross missallocation of resources

actually NASA's function is to keep people out of space... We could quite easily eliminate the Need for terrestrial mining, cheaply too. The waste of resources we have spent on pissing around in the backyard is atrocious, I'll agree. What's even-more disgusting is that we refuse to mine space because of econominc monopolies by rabidly expansionist transnationals...

Mining, shit.

I want colonization.

sakredchao

Other spinoffs in this area include: ... sports bras

ok i'm a convert..  the space program was totally worth it.  that is the best anti-gravity device ever.
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah