News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

PD News Podcast?

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, December 31, 2012, 09:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

So I had an idea based off of Roger's post about Doing Something.

I don't want to risk the project by biting off more than can be done... so this is how I'd like to start.

PD posters record a short "news" report in a PD style (ie whatever that means to you)... not Pineal kinda stuff, but a bit more grittyabsurdPD.com style. I will edit them and we'll have a "news anchor" (maybe Roger if he'd agree to it :)  ) and we'll make a short 3-5 minute weekly news podcast to generate some new interest in the site. If it goes well and we get lots of input, then we can do more than one... maybe even some "special reports" with different takes on a given topic.

I'd like to see if there's interest and if so, we'll set up a schedule (deadline for submissions and and release dates).

Think about the radio news at the top of the hour for inspiration...

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Interest?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm in, once I've calmed down.  I can start canning stuff as soon as tomorrow, as I won't be hung over like you young people who still have functioning organs.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm thinking audio over "appropriate" pics.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Yeah!

I've been wanting to try different formats, as I feel my rants are stale, I need to actually yell to get the desired heat.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Audio would be the best format for me to submit as well. I have no easy means of videoing myself
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 31, 2012, 10:06:33 PM
Audio would be the best format for me to submit as well. I have no easy means of videoing myself

S'okay, we can drop some relevant images on it in Moviemaker.

Nephew Twiddleton

Cool cool. That said i intend to get a decent webcam in the near future. New printer first tho.

Richter

Interest.  Audio or video, I'm down to do quick 5 mintue things.

I can do the "Evening News" voice, so a "News of Discordia" type segment would be right up my alley.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

I could ham up the boston accent if deemed appropriate.

Signora Pæsior

I'd be into recording some audio, if y'all can understand my crazy accent.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

LMNO

I like this idea.  I'd be glad to help however I can.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have some stuff done.  It only took 3 tries with Jenn smacking me in the neck with a rolled up towel every time I spoke too fast.

Sano

I'd love to participate, although I think my accent is getting really bad. I also have no idea for interesting topics now.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

EK WAFFLR

I have my recording equipment all set up. I'm in.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Excellent.

Rat, you want to announce the details?  Include a deadline, please.  We can't do shit without one.