News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

Subtract Eight!

Wait which one is god Neo or Keaneo

hmm humm hmm
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

East Coast Hustle

AND THEN ECH REMEMBERED WHY HE NEVER EVEN LOOKS AT PRINCIPIA DISCUSSION FOR YEARS AT A TIME.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Lord Bandog Ablegate the Wiser

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 09, 2011, 01:51:26 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 01:29:51 AM
Quote from: Khara on March 09, 2011, 12:56:24 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 08, 2011, 11:54:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 08, 2011, 02:55:24 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 08, 2011, 02:40:14 AM
Keanu Reeves is God. Fact.

ZOMGPINEALFNORD.
For what it's worth, I've never claimed to consult my pineal gland once in my life, nor have I ever used the word fnord in a conversation until now.

But I still say Keanu Reeves is God.

Of what?

Not the god of anything, just God. Capital G.

Any particular reason WHY you think that? Or are you just saying shit that you think will come off sounding outlandish and/or mysteriously deep?

Pretty much just because I found some stupid youtube video claiming proof of his immortality and a photo that makes it look like he's turning water into wine. Also because I kinda like him, and it had been several pages since anyone had actually posted anything about their beliefs on here.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 02:11:52 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 09, 2011, 01:51:26 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 01:29:51 AM
Quote from: Khara on March 09, 2011, 12:56:24 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 08, 2011, 11:54:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 08, 2011, 02:55:24 AM
Quote from: spazmagoog on March 08, 2011, 02:40:14 AM
Keanu Reeves is God. Fact.

ZOMGPINEALFNORD.
For what it's worth, I've never claimed to consult my pineal gland once in my life, nor have I ever used the word fnord in a conversation until now.

But I still say Keanu Reeves is God.

Of what?

Not the god of anything, just God. Capital G.

Any particular reason WHY you think that? Or are you just saying shit that you think will come off sounding outlandish and/or mysteriously deep?

Pretty much just because I found some stupid youtube video claiming proof of his immortality and a photo that makes it look like he's turning water into wine. Also because I kinda like him, and it had been several pages since anyone had actually posted anything about their beliefs on here.

So this is an accurate assessment of your beliefs?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 09, 2011, 01:57:02 AM
AND THEN ECH REMEMBERED WHY HE NEVER EVEN LOOKS AT PRINCIPIA DISCUSSION FOR YEARS AT A TIME.

ECH has a point. These types of 'outlandish' statements (Keanu _IS_ God, This Glass of Water _IS_ a Tree), might possibly be shocking or at least outlandish enough to break a cabbage's "mental set", yet they simply flop around our feet like mostly dead fish.

I think a lot of people (especially on the internet) simply start spouting signal without thinking of the context their communications will reside in.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Quote from: Doktor Blight on March 09, 2011, 02:13:12 AM
I'm entertaining this idea of Keanu Reeves being God as seriously as I do any idea.

Quote from: Telarus on March 09, 2011, 02:14:23 AM
ECH has a point. These types of 'outlandish' statements (Keanu _IS_ God, This Glass of Water _IS_ a Tree), might possibly be shocking or at least outlandish enough to break a cabbage's "mental set", yet they simply flop around our feet like mostly dead fish.
Sorry, I should have said I believe Keanu Reeves to be God. Does that help?

Phox

I believe myself to be the one true God, and I am your God. I am the Lord, your GOD, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger! And you will know my name is the LORD when I lay my vengeance upon you!

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 02:27:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on March 09, 2011, 02:13:12 AM
I'm entertaining this idea of Keanu Reeves being God as seriously as I do any idea.

Anyway, you're quite wrong. Everyone knows that Ian Kilmister is God.

quote author=Doktor Blight link=topic=18194.msg1015183#msg1015183 date=1299638262]
Anyway, you're quite wrong. Everyone knows that Ian Kilmister is God.
[/quote]
No, I'm pretty sure he's the Devil. Which is nearly as good.

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 09, 2011, 02:41:39 AM
That's it. You just doomed mankind. Hope you're proud of yourself.
I'm very proud indeed, thank you. :)

Phox

Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 02:40:22 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 09, 2011, 02:34:28 AM
I believe myself to be the one true God, and I am your God. I am the Lord, your GOD, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger! And you will know my name is the LORD when I lay my vengeance upon you!
See, that's why I like the idea of Keanu as God. He's so nice and humble and won't shit plagues on people for not grovelling hard enough.

That's it. You just doomed mankind. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: spazmagoog on March 09, 2011, 02:40:22 AM
See, that's why I like the idea of Keanu as God. He's so nice and humble and won't shit plagues on people for not grovelling hard enough.

You want a God who goes "Whoa....." all the time? Sounds like a god that is too easily mindblown.

Don Coyote

Just because you performed a certain act involving your mouth around a certain part of a male god's anatomy does not mean you now posses Godhead.

Nephew Twiddleton

Not to mention a god that manages to get photographed eating a sandwich and puking out a car door in broad day light?

Phox

Quote from: aedh on March 09, 2011, 02:44:41 AM

Just because you performed a certain act involving your mouth around a certain part of a male god's anatomy does not mean you now posses Godhead.
Quiet you.  :oops: