No
0 (0%)
Did he have it to begin with?
11 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 31, 2005, 08:33:04 PM

Mangrove

Secrets of Cabala Revealed In Discordia!*

As you know, when I am not tending bar, snoozing in my office or talking the scrid out for a walk, I like to twist words, numbers and my brain into interesting new shapes for fun and enlightenment.

As some of you are aware (being the scholars that you are), that in Crowley's Liber AL, it is written that a kabbalah should be formed around the English alphabet. Different Thelemic groups have come up with their own answers as to what these attributions might be. As a laugh, I adopted the system as expounded by the Hermetic Order Of the QBLH and chewed up a few forum related words to see what I could see. Their system of Gematria is as follows:

A = 1 L = 2 W = 3 H = 4 S = 5 D = 6 O = 7 Z = 8 K = 9 V = 10 G = 11
R = 12 C = 13 N = 14 J = 16 U = 17 F = 18 Q = 19 B = 20 M = 21 X = 22
I = 23 T = 24 E = 25 P = 26...oh and Y = 15 (apologies to DJ)

(Gematria: The process by which each letter of a word or words, is converted to its numerical equivalent. Worlds yielding the same value are connected by their common numerical vibration and [on one plane or another] descriptive of each other.)

In this system, the word MANG' equals to 47. Nothing interesting about that. But the letters, S.S.O.O.K.N also = 47! The fun part is knowing that TROLL is also a 47. I always considered myself to be rubbish at trolling. Does this mean I am one? Should I become one? Who cares? :)

By using theosophical reduction (ie: adding the numbers together..) we can try 4 + 7 = 11. Now 11 is an important to Thelemites as a symbol of the great work, but it is an important Discordian number as I'll demonstrate later.  As a side point, the word WILL, another Crowley classic is 11 in this system. 11 is sacred to Nigel Tufnell and to the English who like to drink tea at this time.

The name LMNO = 44. You may be pleased to learn that LOVE also is 44. But then so is HORAB and MALAUL! Maybe you're all in love? With each other? Or maybe that love is your true nature or that by demonstrating love in whatever way means "we're all HORAB"? Whatever! (though this might account for some of the flirting. Note also 44 is a multiple of 11.)

No analysis would be complete without a BAR (33). Ironically, our friend the scrid was playing JAZZ (33). Those of us that like carbs are, of course, members of the C.L.F. (33). The masons have 33 degrees (shhhh!). IF you're a musician you'll appreciate 33...and a 1/3. (spelled third but pronounced 'turd' if you're from southern Ireland).

The I began contemplating JAZZ. The development of 33 1/3 and the rise of the long player was a key moment in the history of JAZZ. An evolutionary flashpoint enabling the great improvisers of yesteryear to stretch out into previously unknown, unheard and un-thought of territories. Consider the enormity of the leap from early Louis Armstrong to A Love (44) Supreme!

I pursued with the JAZZ angle further as it provided the most fitting metaphor for the forum. Probably any forum in fact, but especially ours.

Like the JAZZ musician there is a theme, or for us, a thread. Everyone collectively improvises upon that thread, expressing their individuality within a group structure. No one knows where it will lead. Sometimes a threadjack is the best thing that can happen - kind of like the way Thelonious Monk would play standards, leaving odd, spikey chords hanging in the wrong places, but still sounding cool somehow.

The board is not unlike the early 1940's in New York, where all the young musicians caught in the soul numbing formula of the swing orchestra would gather together, hang, blow off steam and sometimes get combative on the bandstand. Anyone was welcome to sit in, but that did not necessarily guarantee that one could win the audience and survive.

Like JAZZ, there's a fine line between pushing the envelope and grandstanding. A fine line between artful meandering and going up one's ass. It doesn't always work, but when it works well it is something remarkable.

But these are but the outer mysteries. There is more....but it is shocking  :shock:  

Then there's ERIS. A 65 in this system. But if anyone gets this assbackwards, then they're a NOOB. (56). Sometimes, people who think they're GREAT (56) act like a NOOB. Coincidence? Yes! But what does it mean and how did it happen? And of course, 6 + 5 = 11 which is why 11 could be a secret Erisian number (but only if you want it to be).

CHEF D is a 66 but so is PIZZA, which suggests that Turd & Roger had some weird connection. Turd aka , JUSTIN gives us a 99. Again, multiples of the (maybe) sacred 11. Perhaps CHEF D got fat eating too much of JUSTIN's pizza? Mysterious enough for you? Of course not! There's more....

There is however, a mystery which will kick those goatbutt kissing, infidel slaying, head worshipping Knights Templar into touch.

Not long ago, I heard a word in my dream. That word was SCRID. I didn't know what it was so I posted it on the forum and received a number of wonderfully insightful replies. It transpired that LMNO's definitions were my favourite, hence the use of 'SCRID' as a figment of OB's ongoing quantum hallucinations. Then the one we knew as TURD said that 'scrids' were those sad, ineffectual, leftover cannabis crumbs. Once again, kabbalistic coincidence reveals all:

SCRID = 59!      

TURD = 59!

We cannot stop here! We must go further! Only now can I reveal the unbelievable truth. It begins........

D I S C O R D I A

Then look closely.....

D I S C O R D I A

Rearrange.....

S C R I D!

By telling you the following, I must initiate you all into the 22nd innermost degree of S.S.O.O.KN. Ready? The essence of Discordia is SCRID TANTRA. That's right. We have to mate spiritually with the scrid kind. Behold the marriage vow:

A SCRID? I DO!

Shout it out loud! I DO A SCRID!

*DISCLAIMER - The above hermetica-lite is for entertainment purposes only and any resemblance to wisdom, insight or spiritual illumination is entirely unintentional.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Amazing.

I think this should be submitted to Verthaine post-haste, for the Chao Te Ching.

PS - could the ancient mystics have been wrong all this time?  Could the magical mason phrase be "23 scriddoo"?

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO

PS - could the ancient mystics have been wrong all this time?  Could the magical mason phrase be "23 scriddoo"?

i bloody hope so...lol

The Open Bar

you spend all those hours in the office and this is what you came up with?

:twisted:

LMNO

Hey, back off.  Mang just proved that your pet scrid is an integral part towards the enlightenment of humankind.

You should feel proud.

:D

[edit: and in honhor of that, I'm changing my sig again.]

Mangrove

It's ok El....I sort of expect OB to harrangue me. It's all part of his er 'charm'...

Mangrove

i should've known! i had the scrid pc enhanced....

[/URL][/img]

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiA = 1 L = 2 W = 3 H = 4 S = 5 D = 6 O = 7 Z = 8 K = 9 V = 10 G = 11
I = 23 T = 24 E = 25 P = 26
I cannot calculate the total of my name.

Wow - as far as Gematria is concerned, I don't exist!

*poof*

aw crap
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: DJRubberducky
Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiA = 1 L = 2 W = 3 H = 4 S = 5 D = 6 O = 7 Z = 8 K = 9 V = 10 G = 11

*poof*

aw crap

That's why I stay away from all poofs of logic, just incase I happen to realise that Goddess Doesn't Exist, and since Believed Implies Believer, I don't exist, either.

Thankfully, I already don't exist.

On another note:

GREAT TEACHER LARGO
equates to:
73 | 104 | 33
and when added to single digits:
1 | 5 | 6  (A Great Teacher = Largo (1+5 = 6!!!)  Behold the mysteries of the universe!)
And when added together to single digits:
1 + 5 + 6 = 12.  1+2=3.

And we all know that 1 by 2 by 3 are the key measurements in the first three dimensions of the great Tycho MA, and its many incarnations, and thus LMNO himself!

Therefore, I submit my username as proof that LMNO is a manifestation of the Buddha, hopefully the Buddha named Miroku, who shall come to Earth to teach the True Dharma!

Thus, LMNO is here to show us all the path to enlightenment.

Therefore, I am now creating a NEW CABAL, the LMNO Society of Discordians!  I shall be the High Inquisitor of the LSD, and all are welcome to partake of the bounty that is LSD!

1 2 3!  L S D!  LMNO is come to Set Us Free!

Wooooo!
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Mangrove

Quote from: DJRubberducky

*poof*

aw crap

Y = 15  (sorry).  consider yourself existing again.

Btw - D.J. gives us 22.
22 is a multiple of the thelemic/discordian value of 11
22 has the value of X which is representative of the 'unknown quanity' in algebra......so maybe you don't exist!
carve up an X and you get L V X  or 'light' in Latin (plus the related gnostic mysteries of IAO)

Thus DJ you are the unknown quantity of light. Are you a particle? Are you a wave? It makes sense that ducks travel on waves!

X is a 10 in roman numerals....in the qabalah there's 10 sephirothic emanations on the tree of life. they are formed by the lightning flash of creation which come from the 'X' or unknown quantity, the ain.

is that better?  :D

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii
carve up an X and you get L V X  or 'light' in Latin (plus the related gnostic mysteries of IAO)

You, sir, are now in the Committe for Obfuscation.

Your salary is the standard fare, 1 pfennig a year.

IO PONTIFEX MAXIMUS MANGROVVS! REGIS!
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Bob the Mediocre

Yeah, it certainly obfucated me.

Altoid Addict=136, Sinner Bob=140
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

renegade kabalist

Quote from: Altoid AddictYeah, it certainly obfucated me.

The difference being four, which symbolizes the independent soul (1) plus the holy trinity (3) combining into the Pillars of the Temple!

Mangrove

Quote from: Great Teacher Largo
Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii

You, sir, are now in the Committe for Obfuscation.

Your salary is the standard fare, 1 pfennig a year.

IO PONTIFEX MAXIMUS MANGROVVS! REGIS!

why thank you....(what's the £ to pfennig exchange rate at the moment anyway?)

Mangrove

Quote from: renegade kabalist
Quote from: Altoid AddictYeah, it certainly obfucated me.

The difference being four, which symbolizes the independent soul (1) plus the holy trinity (3) combining into the Pillars of the Temple!

hello renegade kabbalist!

have you considered joining the SSOOKN?