News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

threadjack failed!

Started by Kaienne, October 12, 2007, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Kaienne on October 12, 2007, 04:05:10 PM
Because the problem obvously couldn't be with you.

Hey, I'm not perfect, never said I was.

I'm also not the one who misunderstood Sepia's post and then shit on it.

Payne

I've spent a few weeks sleeping in parks and on benches in Edinburgh in November/December. It's no fun, I can tell you, and I would never look to belittle homelessness.

What I can say is you don't see me shitting all over E-People for it.

Also, Sepia, got round to reading your OP, very nice!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Sepia

Thanks to all kind words and also to Kaienne for making me laugh.

I'm still confused here so I'll wait untill I'm off medication by posting but damn I'm giggling.

But Kaienne, the point of my post was to whine and hope I get run over by a truck/step out infront of one because I can't live my own life and I do not wish to face reality?

All critique is indeed very welcome and yours is no exception.
Everyone will always be too late

AFK

Okay, Number One.

One's personal struggles does not invalidate anothers.  We each live in our own skin, our own minds, our  own thoughts.  Yes, we can empathize with those who have less resources for life at their disposal.  I feel awful about the displaced 12 year old Iraqis who are being forced to work 12 hour days, 7 days a week just to keep their families alive.  But, you know what, that doesn't mean my or anyone else's personal struggles end. 

One can be selfless and empathetic for others, but if one forgets themself in the process, what good does it do?  How am I going to help someone like you while I am in a (metaphorical and/or literal) straightjacket?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

B_M_W

Quote from: Sepia on October 12, 2007, 04:54:50 PM

I'm still confused here so I'll wait untill I'm off medication by posting but damn I'm giggling.

But Kaienne, the point of my post was to whine and hope I get run over by a truck/step out infront of one because I can't live my own life and I do not wish to face reality?

I think that the point of your post was like many of your other posts, to show a person awakening to the lack of meaning in the new awareness of what their existance is, and trying to figure out how to deal with it. Its not emo in the least, its resolute.

Kai'enne missed the point in trying to "play a devils advocate".
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

Oh, that's where I put my Patience Hat!

Thanks for taking care of it, BMW.

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNO on October 12, 2007, 07:31:12 PM
Oh, that's where I put my Patience Hat!

Thanks for taking care of it, BMW.

Wait...what?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

LMNO

THE ABOVE WAS A CROSS-REFERENCE POST REGARDING OTHERS' COMMENTS THAT I HAD MUCH PATIENCE WHEN IT CAME TO THINGS LIKE THIS.

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNO on October 12, 2007, 07:52:42 PM
THE ABOVE WAS A CROSS-REFERENCE POST REGARDING OTHERS' COMMENTS THAT I HAD MUCH PATIENCE WHEN IT CAME TO THINGS LIKE THIS.

Oh... :lol:

Kaienne

Quote from: Sepia on October 12, 2007, 04:54:50 PM

I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

The primary motivation for my post was just to be oppositional. Sepia's OP claimed 'you this', 'you that'; negative, negative, negative. Lies! None of it was true for me, I'm an extremely happy person, so, I wrote my own. Any quarreling that came as a further result was in counter to people's reactions, and not the OP itself. (Including What's-His-Name's initial reaction, claiming it to hit close to home. If you want to get technical, it was him I was shitting on.  :lol:)
In a constant state of losing The Game.

East Coast Hustle

so...you might say that this was an outlandish sociological experiment in which you were really just manipulating our reactions for your own amusement?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Kaienne- still a douche.

everyone's personal sucks are just as valid as the next guys.
it sounds like you're trying to one-up everyone on their sucks because you're homeless. and apparently it sucks but you like it.

you know, i choose not to be homeless and the hard work i do (at two jobs) for 12-13 hours a day sucks for me. is my suck any less valid than yours because i have a home, no bugs in my bed and more than one change of clothes?

i dont think so.

Sepias post was pretty awesome, especially if it can get this kind of a reaction.