News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Suu, your Facebook friends are retards.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 13, 2014, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Seriously.  Getting played by TEXANS?

:lulz:

OH, IT'S SO HORRIBLE!  THE BRAINDEAD WOMAN IS PREGNANT, AND THEY WON'T LET THE HUSBAND SHUT HER DOWN.

Because only the mother can declare whether a fetus is a baby or not.  This is an attempt to set precedent that the general public can make that decision.

Buncha fucking maroons.  Everyone get the fuck out of my century.  Go back to 1950 or something.  Damn.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, she's fucked off from the thread, leaving me with her 3 vacant pals.  :tgrr:

I don't think I'll ever bother jumping in on one of her threads again.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

I saw that. And yeah, it's horrible but you're right, the laws work according to "If this, then this." Even if the original "this" is really extenuating circumstances.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 13, 2014, 09:58:46 PM
I saw that. And yeah, it's horrible but you're right, the laws work according to "If this, then this." Even if the original "this" is really extenuating circumstances.

I wonder how long the religious right waited for this particular set of circumstances?

Probably since Roe v Wade.

Ben Shapiro

Suu

WTF, I had to go to work. Sorry.

I got played by the media, yes. Thanks. But like you pointed out, law is the law. However, that doesn't, and shouldn't stop people from shrugging it off and going, "C'est la vie, Texas" either.

Shit sucks, and I can whine aimlessly about it if I want to. Clearly, the family allowed the media to cover it, because they want the attention, they want to make their case known. And like my friend Raaven just posted, there's quite a few states that have this clause when it comes to a DNR on a pregnant woman. I'm failing to see why bringing attention to a particularly shitty loophole in a shitty law is such a bad thing?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Because Texans will almost certainly use it to build the foundations for the father saying whether the fetus is a child or not to have legal weight.  And because this is Texas, it likely wont just apply when the women herself is unable to communicate that one way or another.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 14, 2014, 03:27:01 AM
WTF, I had to go to work. Sorry.

Which explains the other 5 threads you started over the following hour.

QuoteI got played by the media, yes. Thanks. But like you pointed out, law is the law. However, that doesn't, and shouldn't stop people from shrugging it off and going, "C'est la vie, Texas" either.

No, you got played by the anti-abortion crowd.  You and your pals spent a whole thread screaming that it isn't the woman's choice, it's the father's and/or society's.

QuoteShit sucks, and I can whine aimlessly about it if I want to. Clearly, the family allowed the media to cover it, because they want the attention, they want to make their case known.

I wonder why that is?

QuoteAnd like my friend Raaven just posted, there's quite a few states that have this clause when it comes to a DNR on a pregnant woman. I'm failing to see why bringing attention to a particularly shitty loophole in a shitty law is such a bad thing?

Your friend Raven is fucked in the head.

First, what kind of person wants their baby to die with them? 

Second, who benefits from the decision EVER going to anyone but the mother?

Your friends are complete assgoblins. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 14, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
Because Texans will almost certainly use it to build the foundations for the father saying whether the fetus is a child or not to have legal weight.  And because this is Texas, it likely wont just apply when the women herself is unable to communicate that one way or another.

I tried to explain this to Suu's pals, but they couldn't or wouldn't understand it in simple terms.

They think, and this is the funny bit, that it couldn't be that way because that would mean this particular baby dying and they think the right to life movement is about saving babies.

Cain

Facebook has that effect on people.  It's like constraining how many letters people can write somehow also constrains the blood flow to their brain, causing severe derpitude.

Junkenstein

Gentlemen, can I interest you in my thesis "This is why twitter sucks"?

It's like what Cain said, only £5.99+Shipping+VAT+Expenses+Personalisation fee.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 14, 2014, 08:36:40 AM

I tried to explain this to Suu's pals, but they couldn't or wouldn't understand it in simple terms.

They think, and this is the funny bit, that it couldn't be that way because that would mean this particular baby dying and they think the right to life movement is about saving babies.

Okay...NOW it makes sense.

For some reason when Roger's posts are being buried by others on Facebook it's hard to grasp his explanation. That and I'm not posting in between using tin snips to cut metal boning.

My issue, as I asked you in the thread, was that in such an isolated case as this, when the mother is absolutely unable to make the choice herself in a life-or-death situation, why the husband or grandparents are not granted power of attorney. But, now I can see how this would be totally exploited the fuck out of.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pope Pixie Pickle

poor family can't grieve properly until they have a new baby.. which is stressful in itself.

it's kind of fucked.

Suu

Quote from: Pixie on January 14, 2014, 03:28:08 PM
poor family can't grieve properly until they have a new baby.. which is stressful in itself.

it's kind of fucked.

It's totally fucked.