News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2015, 07:08:40 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2015, 06:53:41 PM
Is this tumblr-kid, Nigel?

YEP. Middle kid, who is my mini-me, blocked Tumblr here, so that may change things.

Could also explain some of their recent behaviour.  Throwing into the mix tumblr's general unhelpful attitude towards mental illness something along those lines could explain quite a bit.

Oh he did that maybe 2 weeks ago? She just returned home last night.

I hope this means things are going better between you two?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on June 15, 2015, 09:20:57 PM

YEP. Middle kid, who is my mini-me, blocked Tumblr here, so that may change things.

Could also explain some of their recent behaviour.  Throwing into the mix tumblr's general unhelpful attitude towards mental illness something along those lines could explain quite a bit.

Yes, happily!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 16, 2015, 08:00:07 AM

Yes, happily!

That's great! :D

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 16, 2015, 08:00:07 AM

Yes, happily!
Yay!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Demolition Squid

I love government procurement systems sometimes.

I get a message saying I have to log in and confirm acceptance of the opportunity to keep getting information about the opportunity, so I do that - it says I have an urgent message...

... the urgent message is a step by step instruction guide on how to register to the system you need to log into to get the message.

There was no access to a guide before this point I had to work it out for myself.

HOORAY!  :lulz:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

EK WAFFLR

I've got tonsilitis, high fever,  some kind of stomach thing, and a fucking swollen eye. On top of that, some douchebag friend managed to spoil Game of Thrones, leading me to posit the theory that people who are unable to not spoil movies or series are fundamentally untrustworthy people.

I am in a foul mood.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on June 16, 2015, 03:37:39 PM
I've got tonsilitis, high fever,  some kind of stomach thing, and a fucking swollen eye. On top of that, some douchebag friend managed to spoil Game of Thrones, leading me to posit the theory that people who are unable to not spoil movies or series are fundamentally untrustworthy people.

I am in a foul mood.

Damn, dude. That's a lot of nasty to get hit with all at once!

I think I saved myself a lot of problems by not getting into GoT beyond the first book and first two episodes of the show. It seems to cause an awful lot of stress among people I know.

Cain

It still amazes me that five books/seasons in, people think their beloved characters can make unpopular, if otherwise decent, decisions and not suffer the consequences.

I rather thought Eddard Stark tipped people off about that.

Demolition Squid

I have some complaints about the last season, but mostly that the quality of the politicking/characterization seemed to go down markedly, and the plot ground to a halt.

I understand this is also a common complaint re: this part of the books, though, so here's hoping next season picks things back up again.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

LMNO

Faust

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2015, 04:45:30 PM
It still amazes me that five books/seasons in, people think their beloved characters can make unpopular, if otherwise decent, decisions and not suffer the consequences.

To be fair this season has been pretty clunky with the storytelling, and chances are he's not gone, they wheeled in a resurrection plot device character the scene before and the actor has signed on for two more series.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

If the producers are to be believed, there are only two more seasons to go.

So not only has that plot been dropped, so has the Golden Company plot and the Dornish mission to Dany plot, unless they intend to fit that into the next season.  They're casting for Euron Greyjoy, so they intend to do at the very least the Iron Islands plot on top of the entire sixth book plot in a single season.  That then leaves them a single season to wrap up the seventh book with a possible film length feature ending.

Needless to say, I'm sceptical they can pull this off.

On the plus side, GRR Martin says The Winds of Winter will be releasted before season six.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on June 16, 2015, 05:08:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2015, 04:45:30 PM

To be fair this season has been pretty clunky with the storytelling, and chances are he's not gone, they wheeled in a resurrection plot device character the scene before and the actor has signed on for two more series.

Oh yeah, that particular character has two get of of death free cards to hand, at the very least.

But still.  They'd foreshadowed it for an entire season.