News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

The news is pretty meta, these days

Started by Cain, March 19, 2014, 04:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thought Catalog:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/03/5-things-women-need-to-do-in-their-20s-or-else-the-suffragists-died-for-nothing/

QuoteYou're young, you're free and you're empowered. Nothing is stopping you from espousing a carefree attitude and and embarking on fun adventures!

As young women in 21st century, the world is truly our fragrant oyster.

Don't get me wrong, women are still oppressed to a monumental degree. The patriarchy is still an omnipresent overlord, endorsing cultural structures that keep women from realizing their full potential and contribute to a harrowing loss of self-esteem, especially to women who don't fit into society's straightjacket-like norms of what a woman should be like. However, we must remember and celebrate the fact that, thanks to the brave endeavors of so many strong and independent women, from the fierce suffragettes in early 20th century to the fearless women of the fat acceptance movement today, young women have it better than our mothers and grandmothers did in their youth. 

Here are 5 things every 20's woman should do to truly bask in the glory of empowerment

Gawker:

http://gawker.com/gym-bro-successfully-gets-fake-feminist-thought-catalog-1545530204

QuoteFaithful readers (like us) of 20-something compost heap Thought Catalog may know the feeling of wondering, upon a reading a Thought Catalog essay, "Is this shit real?" Funny you should ask.

Here you will find a March 15 thread on a Bodybuilding.com forum in which (shirtless gym bro) user AryanofValhalla writes:

QuoteI can't believe my eyes misc, I was bored one evening a week ago and so I wrote a satire article from the perspective of a twenty something feminist woman and sent it in to Thought Catalog,
    A few minutes ago I got an email saying they published the article
    My penname is Anne Gus , as an homage to the misc
    It's happening

And here it is: "5 Things Women Need to Do in Their 20's (Or Else the Suffragists Died For Nothing)." Shirtless gym bro AryanofValhalla, a.k.a. Thought Catalog author Anne Gus ("I'm a feminist. I'm a woman. I'm strong. I'm in my twenties. I'm beautiful. I deserve love. Give me it.") adds, "HAHA look at the phucking comments I can't breathe right now, I didn't ever think they'd publish it !"

TIME Magazine

http://time.com/28641/thought-catalog-accidentally-publishes-fake-feminist-essay-jokingly-penned-by-gym-bro/

QuoteOn Saturday, Thought Catalog published a "feminist" essay called 5 Things Women Need to Do in Their 20′s (Or Else the Suffragists Died For Nothing) that wasn't written by a feminist at all. In fact, it was reportedly written by a poster on the Bodybuilding.com forum as a total joke. Using the pen name Anne Gus, the user described himself (herself?) thusly: "I'm a feminist. I'm a woman. I'm strong. I'm in my twenties. I'm beautiful. I deserve love. Give me it."

Thought Catalog:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/nicole-mullen/2014/03/time-accidentally-publishes-article-about-thought-catalog/

QuoteWhat both Gawker and Time don't know however, is that the fake article, is a fake.

There is no AryanofValhalla.

The account on BodyBuilding.com was set up by our dear administrative assistant Wendy Les a while ago as a work of satire. A quick look at "his" other posts indicate that it is clearly a parody of the typical Gym Bro.

I geniunely LOL'd.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

New twist: it turns out there is no Thought Catalog.  It's really a fake site run by bodybuilding Aryan bros.

LMNO

Waiting for the Buzzfeed post: "You Won't Believe What This Feminist Did When Posting As a Gym Bro!"

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 19, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
Waiting for the Buzzfeed post: "You Won't Believe What This Feminist Did When Posting As a Gym Bro!"

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Faust on March 19, 2014, 05:18:30 PM
Mysticwicks News:  Here is what the principiadiscordia had to say about this feminist article.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=36328.0;last_msg=1334850
I can't believe i clicked that link. :facepalm:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A