News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

ATTN: ADMINS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 15, 2012, 06:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

But of course, you all believed DOUR just because he said it.

Think For Yourselves, Schmucks
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:46:08 PM
But of course, you all believed DOUR just because he said it.

Think For Yourselves, Schmucks

Where's the part where "you cleared that up"?

That's the part I'm REALLY wanting to see.  Because as far as I can tell, you walked away without even acknowledging it.  Because heaven fucking forbid you admit you made a gross social error.

You said you "cleared it up".  Now show where that was.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Explain to me how the fuck I was supposed to know this was about your father before your father was actually mentioned?  I don't have ESP.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:47:41 PM
Explain to me how the fuck I was supposed to know this was about your father before your father was actually mentioned?  I don't have ESP.

Where's the part where you "cleared it up"?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Where's the part where I took your father to task like you've been erroneously telling everyone on this board?   

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
The thing with your father is another example.  There was a thread about putting personal information on the internet and I simply said a good rule of thumb is less = better.  I had no idea that the thread was predicated on something that happened to your father and I cleared that up as soon as I figured it out.

You walked away and left your statement unmodified.  Which is, in this case, digging in your heels.  Which is what I said you did.

Then you fucking lied about it an hour ago.

:169:

AFK

I stopped posting when I knew it pertained to your father.  And every fucking time you've brought up this fable I've reiterated that I didn't know it pertained to your father, and this thread proves that exactly, that there was no context whatsoever that this had anything to do with what happened to your father.

of course I don't condone that or think it's cool.  But I didn't "dig my heels in", I just backed out of the thread. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:51:46 PM
I stopped posting when I knew it pertained to your father.  And every fucking time you've brought up this fable I've reiterated that I didn't know it pertained to your father, and this thread proves that exactly, that there was no context whatsoever that this had anything to do with what happened to your father.

of course I don't condone that or think it's cool.  But I didn't "dig my heels in", I just backed out of the thread.

Oh, see, now you cleared it up by not posting.  I understand completely.  How obvious.

AFK

What was there to clear up?  My posts were general to the topic at hand, there was absolutely no context that linked it to the incident with your father.  How the fuck was I supposed to know that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:55:34 PM
What was there to clear up?  My posts were general to the topic at hand, there was absolutely no context that linked it to the incident with your father.  How the fuck was I supposed to know that?

You said "I cleared that up".  Are you saying you didn't say that now?  REALLY?

AFK

Also:

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 16, 2012, 07:24:07 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 16, 2012, 02:25:45 AM
Being the pessimistic cynic I am when it comes to the internet, my guess is that the only true way to protect your information from stalkers on the internet is to not post it on the internet.

Pretty much this. This isn't a private treehouse. It's a public forum with all of the risks that implies. If there's a way to make it so individual users have the option of making their profiles non-viewable I'm totally fine with that (even though, as already stated, it will do fuck-all for anyone's security) but I'm not turning it off for everyone for what amounts to no real reason at all. Some of us may be fine with our post being searchable, or even prefer it.

You didn't jump down his throat.  Especially given the bolded. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:59:49 PM

Also:

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 16, 2012, 07:24:07 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 16, 2012, 02:25:45 AM
Being the pessimistic cynic I am when it comes to the internet, my guess is that the only true way to protect your information from stalkers on the internet is to not post it on the internet.

Pretty much this. This isn't a private treehouse. It's a public forum with all of the risks that implies. If there's a way to make it so individual users have the option of making their profiles non-viewable I'm totally fine with that (even though, as already stated, it will do fuck-all for anyone's security) but I'm not turning it off for everyone for what amounts to no real reason at all. Some of us may be fine with our post being searchable, or even prefer it.

You didn't jump down his throat.  Especially given the bolded.

Because, as I said upthread, what fucking happened to my old man was not a result of information found on PD.com.

Jesus, you're fucking thick.

AFK

Which was revealed after I had stopped posting ITT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 08:07:37 PM
Which was revealed after I had stopped posting ITT.

You seem to be attempting to make a point, here.  I can tell THAT much.

But I don't care.  Walking away without explaining an offensive remark is the sort of wimpy fucking shit you do regularly, not because you're a sackless wonder (you are), but because you went into the situation with malice in mind.

So go fuck yourself.

AFK

The remarks were in response to the OP which had nothing about your father.