News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thailand article published.  Funny, as I felt the Iraq/Saudi article was the stronger of the two...though it was dated by subsequent events.

LMNO

Nice!  Will there be links, or do you not want to cross the streams?

Suu

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on January 15, 2014, 02:42:51 PM
I have to go to the county ER for rabies shot # 4 today, since I didn't yesterday.

...There is no other way to get a course of rabies shots, other than to sit in the waiting-room of the damned.

Dude, those blow. Best of luck to you.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 15, 2014, 02:59:21 PM
Nice!  Will there be links, or do you not want to cross the streams?

Probably best not to, since they use my real name and everything.

Still, from what I've said, you could probably find it, if you tried.

Suu

This is such a first world problem, but I made my coffee way too strong this morning. Like, beyond Starbucks strong. It's almost undrinkable.  :argh!:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

No such thing as coffee too strong to drink.

There is only coffee that people are too weak to handle.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

brushing with troofpaste.

The yuppies at my place of employment drive me up the fucking wall with their "light blend" coffees. Might as well be drinking tap water.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

No dude, this shit is gross. It's generic coffee to begin with (hello, poverty) but I can already feel the disruption in my bowels. It's going to be an epic day.

Cain

You're talking to someone here, Suu, who will happily take coffee in volumes from a heaped teaspoon to multiple tablespoons to "only 3% water".  And that's the nasty instant stuff.  It's the only way I can get a buzz off it.

Suu

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2014, 03:43:41 PM
You're talking to someone here, Suu, who will happily take coffee in volumes from a heaped teaspoon to multiple tablespoons to "only 3% water".  And that's the nasty instant stuff.  It's the only way I can get a buzz off it.

You'd love what I just made then. French press and everything. I knew it was a bit much, but I went with it and now my intestines are revolting.

Have you ever heard the tale of Richter's Espresso Machine when we both worked in Boston?

He would put 3x the amount of espresso roast into a machine that would give you about the amount of coffee to fill a large mug. There were two people in the office that could handle it, him, and Fabulously Gay Nate, who's previous gig was a bike messenger, and also the front of a synthpop band.

This shit notoriously sent me on a vision quest across Boston Common one lunch hour during which I preached THE WORD to a congregation of bums near the Park St. subway stop. I returned back to my desk and had a caffeine crash. My supervisor came over to check on me, as my head was down on the desk and groaning. Knowing exactly what to do, he picked up my phone, and dialed Richter. Who, within a few minutes, appeared at my desk with a fresh pot of rocket fuel he heated my mug with.

That was the day I saw Eris. Though it may have been Mayor Menino in drag. I haven't figured it out yet.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 15, 2014, 03:49:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

You'd love what I just made then. French press and everything. I knew it was a bit much, but I went with it and now my intestines are revolting.

Have you ever heard the tale of Richter's Espresso Machine when we both worked in Boston?

He would put 3x the amount of espresso roast into a machine that would give you about the amount of coffee to fill a large mug. There were two people in the office that could handle it, him, and Fabulously Gay Nate, who's previous gig was a bike messenger, and also the front of a synthpop band.

This shit notoriously sent me on a vision quest across Boston Common one lunch hour during which I preached THE WORD to a congregation of bums near the Park St. subway stop. I returned back to my desk and had a caffeine crash. My supervisor came over to check on me, as my head was down on the desk and groaning. Knowing exactly what to do, he picked up my phone, and dialed Richter. Who, within a few minutes, appeared at my desk with a fresh pot of rocket fuel he heated my mug with.

That was the day I saw Eris. Though it may have been Mayor Menino in drag. I haven't figure it out yet.

:lulz:

Pope Pixie Pickle

I'm getting caffeine twitches from the masala chai i had an hour or so ago.

j

Suu

I didn't start drinking coffee until I caved to the harsh peer pressure here in New England. Down in Florida, Mountain Dew is an accepted form of morning beverage. But seriously, I could not drink hot coffee regularly until about...2004-2005? Prior to that, I had to ease myself in with iced coffee with lots of sugar.

LMNO

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 15, 2014, 05:43:17 PM
Down in Florida, Mountain Dew is an accepted form of morning beverage.

This explains quite a lot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain has the Holies™.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.