News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Rabt 68: Libations

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, September 28, 2004, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 68
Libations

,ÄúN,Äôeo ket kaf?©, met stot marc,Äôh eo!,Äù
-Breton saying

,ÄúTruly, it is in awe that we contemplate the mystery of Eris,Äôs special fondness for sparrows. The sparrows are thy fellow Erisian apostles, in as much as there are apostles anywhere. Many are the tricks of nature turning us about in every direction. Many are the traps of humanity in angst with itself. Let her who understands this proclaim the motto ,ÄòKALLISTI!,Äô and imbibe freely of the sacraments of Our Lady.,Äù
-From the Book of the Tequila M??stica Cabal

,ÄúWhether empty or not, / Things neither appear nor disappear. / Appearance and disappearance / Are not the same or different,ÄîThey fool you.,Äù
-Nagarjuna (,ÄúVerses from the Center,Äù Mulamadhyamakakarika)

,ÄúNid yw ein gwledydd ni ar werth!,Äù
-Welsh graffiti

,ÄúWe are the voice of one crying out for dessert, "Prepare the way of the Fnord, make straight for the Aftermath." We seek nothing less than the Global Discombobulation of the Masses. The destruction of the purityranical zeitgeist of the age of bureaucracy. Where everything not forbidden is compulsory and everything not compulsory is forbidden,ĶYou want to help bring it down? Just do exactly what they tell you to do. Imposition of order equals escalation of disorder, and we are gumming up the works of our lords. So quit horsing around and pony up to the bar.,Äù

Are you getting sick of the Economic Attrition that is called Globalization? What are you going to do about it? Complain? Get into the endless mastubatory debates that the so-called financial/business experts use to keep you confused? Smash the windows of a corporate chain-store like a petulant four-year-old? Laugh? Cry? Pretend that you are free from it? Blame it all on Eris? Huh? What will you do about it?

Sometimes when one gets sick it is necessary to spew up and forth all of the bile. (Refer to a previous rant/sermon for details) Consider it a special Erisian libation, if you will. Hell, consider it whatever you wish, but for bobsake don,Äôt just stay hung-over from the forced-over-feeding known as the Global Market. THEY are in a frenzy as THEY cash in off of your misery. And THEY will cash in off any therapy you choose for yourself to deal with the misery, before THEY patch you back up and put you back into your pre-designated place as another cog,Äîanother producer of the wealth which THEY will keep for themselves.

Infiltrate THEM and spread the sickness around. Nauseate their followers,Äîthe passive masses who have been deluded into believing that they are active and free. Use the precepts and practices of order to show them the possibility of their own liberation. And if that doesn,Äôt work, always remember LIBATIONS. But for the purposes of this little spiel, we are not here concerned with the sort of libations referred to above. We are here concerned with libations of a more D.S.S.S. nature: Tequila. Why is tequila so damned important you ask? (Or maybe you are not asking any questions. Maybe you already know it all. Perhaps you could finish this rant all by your own selves. Be my guest.) Tequila is a hell of a lot better form of recovery than the sorts of therapy that most people tend to go for these days. Not only will tequila make you feel better, but if you are too sick, the tequila will make you throw up all that bullshit you have been holding inside for far too long while waiting for someone or something else to come along and liberate you from whatever it is that is keeping you back,Ķand you know damned well that it doesn,Äôt work that way. You liberate your own bobdamned self. Tequila is merely the elixir of change, if you will; a catalyst to get you to see this for yourself. Eris will help you rollick and gather hoots, but you have to at least start doing something for yourself. (Hell, we,Äôll even help you, but you have to first find us.)

And if all the tequila made you sick and now you are awake the next day feeling the hangover that only getting hit by a train could make you feel, than you know exactly how badly you were holding in all that bullshit that society has shoved down your throat while you were just politely smiling and saying ,ÄòThank you, sir. May I have another.,Äù You used to make fun of or denigrate the convicts and the soldiers because you thought that they were less free than you. But now you know that you are just as boxed in and limited, following someone else,Äôs orders and ideas, whether ,Äòdiscordian-sounding,Äô or not. You have always known deep down inside that enlightenment was only a light switch away, but instead you cobbled together your own new-age dharma or fluffy-Zen to excuse the fact that you don,Äôt want to wipe thine own ass and blow thine own nose. Hopefully the tequila taught you the lesson well. And if not, then you at least got drunk and had a good time,Äînothing wrong with that.

Tequila libations are the hair of the dog treatments for the hangovers of living in this society. And if drinking tequila will make you sicker, don,Äôt blame the damned tequila. After all, you,Äôre the one drinking it. Hell, it will make you open your eyes at a certain point, but it,Äôs up to you whether you want to keep your eyes open. Eris isn,Äôt going to sit around and wait for you to keep them open. She might just mess about with your own cocoon-like vision to get you to see the game for what it is, but She won,Äôt grab your hand and pull you out of it unless you first take Her hand.

You might be asking yourself just what the hell tequila has to do with Eris, and I,Äôll admit that the link is tenuous and probably only exists in a few of our minds, really. But that,Äôs no excuse to not try it out for yourself. After all, look at a lot of the more statistically normal things that hold our society up that are really tenuously linked together. Upon investigation you may see through it all. But you are still in the mess. What are you going to do about it? You can get angry or frustrated that I won,Äôt spell it out for you in a nicely written sermon/rant that does the job of thinking for you, but that,Äôs not my problem. That,Äôs your problem for confusing the mere finger that points with the object it is pointing toward. Come up with your own damned solutions for a change. Hopefully the libations will help you to see this. (Perhaps you will even learn the secret and ancient reason why there are worms in certain bottles of tequila and mescal. Perhaps. Maybe you will figure out the secret and mystical reasons why Ralph Nader still insists on running for president in the USA even though no one really cares,Ķnor do they buy his complex line of bullshit about being anti-corporate when he (who is richer than most people he complains about) profits off of the same corporations he rails against. Perhaps. Or you might just be able to figure out just why Eris carries around a sledgehammer. Who knows?)

When in doubt,Ķ

(Bureaucracy 46th, 3170 / September 22nd, 2004)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

namu

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCtequila recovery
You must be from the Monastery to give those two words such a meaning. Am I Right ?
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: namu
Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCtequila recovery
You must be from the Monastery to give those two words such a meaning. Am I Right ?

Possibly, but I forget.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

namu

You lucky you. Everyone in the Monastery wants to forget.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

East Coast Hustle

wow...since I was 15, I knew there was something different about tequila...by the time I was 17, I had begun to realize that it may have held secrets that were known only to those who truly did not need to know them...at various times I thought I may have stumbled onto those secrets, only to find that I usually was wronger than even I previously believed...and now 10 years later, you, my unmet friend, have given voice to my love for tequila and it's mysteries...when first we meet, shots are on me... 8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Rupert Giles

Tequila is only good for one thing.  Tapeworming me.