News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Rant 70: Sahaja (cut-ups continued)

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, September 28, 2004, 10:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 70
Sahaja

,ÄúWe are determined to not be bound to any doctrine, theory, or ideology, even Discordian ones. Discordian teachings are only guiding means to help us learn to look deeply at just what the hell is really going on. They are not teachings to cling to or to fight, die, or kill for.,Äù
-The first vow (in as much as it could be said that there are any vows) of the Discordians for Softer Sandpaper Society

Well,Ķain,Äôt it just pretty? What, you ask? It could be the fact that some people who were trying to steal a stove from someone,Äôs apartment got the damned thing out to the back porch and dropped it because of its weight. Then the porch collapsed on them. That is definitely pretty. It could be Cat Stevens getting the ,ÄòAl-Qaeda,Äô treatment as he tried to fly into the United States, even though he is a citizen. That is definitely a spectacle. (Keep those faces clean-shaven, lads.) It could be Ralph Nader not getting enough signatures to get onto the presidential election ballot here in Illinois and then suing Illinois, claiming that the signature requirement is unconstitutional,Äîas if anyone here cares about Nader, anyway. That is a pretty spectacle in and of itself,Äîwatching Nader, the supposed great anti-establishment man who gets rich off of the very same ,Äòestablishment,Äô he complains about, embarrass himself just as badly as the other Two Candidates for president. Yep. Hoots on that one. (Nader, some people say, has lost his mind. But we know what is really going on as She-Who-Done-It-All feeds him some private line of bullshit we can only guess at.) It was pretty being in the middle of Iowa and learning that most people I ran into hated our Idiot Boy Emperor Bush. There are more such examples of prettiness, in as much as it can be said.

The holes in your socks only multiply, yet you still don,Äôt trim the claws on your feet that bore the holes into them in the first place. The threads of consensus reality keep unraveling and yet you don,Äôt see that you were the one who first started pulling at them. The government that represents you is off doing as it wishes, maiming and killing thousands of people in other countries while pandering to corporate interests. And you don,Äôt want to see that your government is the exact reflection of what you wanted deep down inside, as you elect its leaders and buy the products that the corporations sell to you so that you can maintain your comfortable lifestyles. You cry about the meaninglessness of society yet refuse to see that such a society is exactly what you have made of it. (Shit! Maybe those who are apathetic are at least being honest about something.) Quit spilling the bobdamned milk and then crying about how it,Äôs not your fault!

Hell, I complain about the spilled milk all the time, but I am only being sarcastic. It,Äôs a joke. I don,Äôt take my complaints all too seriously, and neither should you. And besides, I try to clean up the damned messes I make and then complain about. (That,Äôs my story and I,Äôm sticking to it. Well, let,Äôs just suspend our disbelief for the moment, okay?) As to society and all that, it,Äôs not just my fault, it is your fault. I can always leave it be and go hide out somewhere if it gets to be too much for me. But none of you would let me do that would you? No. You,Äôd whine and complain and I,Äôd have to come back out of hiding (because somehow you,Äôd find me,Äîprobably because the White Mouse would rat me out) to keep ranting and to keep organizing more mindfucking endeavors and other such things. You,Äôd want me to keep spouting about the Great Discordian Jihad/Pie-had, etc. Because you simply didn,Äôt want to see how we are all little deluded dupes and that the only ways out of this mess are the ones you yourselves can come up with, Eris help you. Wait till you find out that I really have no fucking clue for you. I have some for myself and I,Äôll point to them when I can, but I can,Äôt really do anything to make you stop confusing my finger, or tequila bottle, with what it,Äôs pointing toward, now can I? And if I could, or did, you might not want that solution, now would you?

Shit! Who do I go to for help in these matters? Well,Ķsometimes I ask Eris or one of Her messengers,Ķsometimes I figure it out myself,Ķsometimes I rely on my dharma-guardians,Ķsometimes I ask my Buddhist elders or master-adepts,Ķand at other times I just laugh at the whole spectacle. It is pretty funny when you sit down and think about it, isn,Äôt it? Then again, I am probably just a little bit ODD anyway. But life,Äôs spontaneity can,Äôt be stopped no matter how hard you try to impose your habits upon it. I may try to help you when such a thing happens. Then again, I may just laugh and pass you the tequila. Drink up, my fellow Discordians. The whole damned spectacle is why we are here.

(Bureaucracy 46th, 3170)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Holy fuck hugh! what the hell got into you?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDHoly fuck hugh! what the hell got into you?

Being on the road for too fucking long!

But really...I wrote most of these a long time ago.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

well would you like to add afew pictures? :P

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

Of what? Cornfields and pork slaughterhouses?

Horab Fibslager

please?
Hell is other people.

cyberus

Quote from: Horab Fibslager

please?
Pretty please?
The bun-sellers or cake-makers were in nothing inclinable to their request; but,which was worse,did injure them most outrageously,called them prattling gabblers,lickorous gluttons,freckled bittors,mangy rascals,shite-a-bed scoundrels,drunken roysters,sly knaves,drowsy loiterers,slapsauce fellows,slabberdegullion druggels,lubberly louts,cozening foxes,ruffian rogues,paltry customers,sycophant-varlets,drawlatch hoydens,flouting milksops,jeering companions,staring clowns,forlorn snakes,ninny lobcocks,scurvy sneaksbies,fondling fops,base loons,saucy coxcombs,idle lusks,scoffing braggarts,noddy meacocks,blockish grutnols,doddipol-joltheads,jobbernol goosecaps,foolish loggerheads,flutch calf-lollies,grouthead gnat-snappers,lob-dotterels,gaping changelings,codshead loobies,woodcock slangams,ninny-hammer flycatchers,noddypeak simpletons,turdy gut,shitten shepherds,and other suchlike defamatory epithets; saying further,that it was not for them to eat of these dainty cakes...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: cyberus

please?
Pretty please?

When I find the damned camera, I'll see about posting the pics.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: cyberus

please?
Pretty please?

When I find the damned camera, I'll see about posting the pics.
yay! i liek cornfields, they remind me of fire, and tickle the mind.
Hell is other people.

B_M_W

How can cornfields remind you of fire?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Horab Fibslager

have you neer seen vast amount of cornfields? wheat fields are especially good.
Hell is other people.