News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Fred Phelps is on his deathbed. A few interesting things have come to light.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 17, 2014, 12:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on March 21, 2014, 06:07:28 PM
I played Fred Phelps in a production of The Laramie Project back in 2006. While I was researching him I saw this interview where he was talking about being featured in George Magazine. The look on his face and the way he talked about it just kind of hit me like a little kid showing his parents a report card he was really proud of. It kind of fucking broke my heart a lot. I haven't been able to properly hate or even mock the man since. Mainly, I would just end up shaking my head and feeling really depressed whenever I would see reports about their shit. I don't have much more reaction than that to his passing.

It's the absolute look of glee on their faces. And that's the only word for it, glee. The derive a sense of glee from human suffering in and of itself. They don't have a sense of horrormirth, even from their theological perspective. They enjoy human suffering as the manifestation of their cruel god's will. Their god is a tyrant, and they blissfully approve of his tyranny. That is a sad, sad thing indeed.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: /b/earman on March 21, 2014, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 21, 2014, 02:19:49 AM
Quote from: /b/earman on March 18, 2014, 10:51:35 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 18, 2014, 11:10:09 AM
Quote from: /b/earman on March 18, 2014, 06:13:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2014, 12:43:04 AM
Quote from: The Suu on March 17, 2014, 12:37:53 AM
IMO, let him go quietly and peacefully. Without attention, without the inevitable counter protest at his funeral, and without any sort of pomp. The faster he slips from memory, the better.

Balls.  I don't want ANYONE to EVER forget him.

He was the guy that did more than any other single person to make it socially unacceptable to be against Gay Rights.

Here here I'm making a youtube video of me laughing until my shit my pants. MY PANTS I SAY! I also need to find the gayest alcoholic drink I can find to add to injury.

Sorry, b-man.  I feel the need to call you out on that one.

I know what your intentions are, and I applaud them, but still.  You're dancing on the edge of pejoritive stereotyping.

Anyway, carry on laughing at a dying man.

LMNO
-wow, I'm in kind of a mood today, huh?

It's cool I'll take your word for it since I'm usually wrong about things like these. I could have sworn their was a official gay drink similar to how the metal/rock community has whiskey/jager as their drink(s).

I always figured the official metal drink was "whatever will fuck you up."

But L has a point. I suppose gay men stereotypically like mixed drinks. I don't think there's an official drink though. What if you're a gay metalhead? Do you drink Jagerpolitans? I have a good friend who would fit the gay stereotype pretty well. We drink whiskey and beer together. Last time I had a couple of Martinis with him because I wanted a motherfucking Martini and I was buying the round. We went back to his place hammered out of our gourds and drank... I can't even remember. But it was strong and straight (in the sense of unmixed, hard liquor). Then we felt like shit in the morning and watched a Martin marathon on cable. Which was kinda funny in a meta sort of way. No cosmopolitans involved.

I see it now thanks.

No probs, boss. :)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 24, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
I played Fred Phelps in a production of The Laramie Project back in 2006. While I was researching him I saw this interview where he was talking about being featured in George Magazine. The look on his face and the way he talked about it just kind of hit me like a little kid showing his parents a report card he was really proud of. It kind of fucking broke my heart a lot. I haven't been able to properly hate or even mock the man since. Mainly, I would just end up shaking my head and feeling really depressed whenever I would see reports about their shit. I don't have much more reaction than that to his passing.

It's the absolute look of glee on their faces. And that's the only word for it, glee. The derive a sense of glee from human suffering in and of itself. They don't have a sense of horrormirth, even from their theological perspective. They enjoy human suffering as the manifestation of their cruel god's will. Their god is a tyrant, and they blissfully approve of his tyranny. That is a sad, sad thing indeed.

Yeah, but Fred, somehow, maybe in his own state of total denial, never seemed to really get the level of cruelty he was inflicting on others. Like he was just happy and excited to be getting attention. I think that there is definitely a high level of personality disorder happening there, in the sense that he and his family were unable to comprehend that other people really have feelings.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on March 26, 2014, 06:10:03 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 24, 2014, 09:03:20 PM

Yeah, but Fred, somehow, maybe in his own state of total denial, never seemed to really get the level of cruelty he was inflicting on others. Like he was just happy and excited to be getting attention. I think that there is definitely a high level of personality disorder happening there, in the sense that he and his family were unable to comprehend that other people really have feelings.

Hmm. Point.

Those who left the church would seem to back that up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 26, 2014, 06:10:03 AM

On a different level, they also never seemed to get one crucial bit of dogma that is common to every Abrahamic religion.

"We don't give God orders."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.