News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Roger, you know what's wrong with the party in Ptolus?

Started by Sister Fracture, January 26, 2011, 08:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on January 27, 2011, 09:35:33 PM
QuoteSneaky bastardism.  Use terrain, use hazards, and start thinking of frontal assaults as a pathology, not a tactic.

Not sure if  you've seen this article, but its something I've used as a blueprint the few times I've dmed.

http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/

Heh.  I did things the players still speak about in whispers to a party with nothing but kobolds.

Bloody idiots didn't set a night watch...  After all, level 20's don't NEED any stinkin' night guards, right?

Well, when they woke up with their packs rifled and a lot of nice crap I'd been meaning to remove from their inventories missing, they were, shall we say, disturbed.

Ranger tracked down little kobold footy-prints to a hole, and in they went.

Remember what Roger said earlier about not going where you can't stand up straight?  HOW tall are kobolds?  I assure you, they ain't digging their tunnels bigger so YOU can walk comfortably in to slaughter them.  The big, burly paladin had to leave his plate back with the horses to fit in the tunnels.  (Said horses did appear later, roasting over a spit...) 

Tons of traps.  Deadfalls.  And, over it all, the sound of kobolds giggling...

I let one of 'em escape alive, to carry back the tale.

Was the closest I ever came to a TPK, I do believe that I shouldn't go out of my way to slaughter characters in which players have put time and effort...  And, had they turned around and left at any point, I'd've taken a few more nonlethal shots at 'em for punctuation and let them go, without their stuff.  But, "they're only KOBOLDS..."

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2011, 04:54:27 AM
Stupid Cobbled Man and his stupid chaositech sickening rods.  Bastard.

And Freeky, if that statue of the obese dude starts moving around, Hogar will SODOMIZE IT.  No shit.

I didn't realize Hogar was a chubby chaser. :lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 31, 2011, 05:41:52 PM

And Freeky, if that statue of the obese dude starts moving around, Hogar will SODOMIZE IT.  No shit.

Hogar isn't picky.  Fuck, he's got a damn duck on his helmet, doesn't he?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2011, 06:34:36 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

He may have to make a hole before he can sodomize it.

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 31, 2011, 06:42:22 PM

I think I have a few pitons in my pack.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2011, 06:44:59 PM

Bonus XP if you make all the orifices anatomically correct and then use them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 31, 2011, 06:49:54 PM

IMA HUMP THE CHAOS STATUE!  WOOOOOOOOO!  IT'S A DIRTY LITTLE SLAG AND IT WANTS IT!

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2011, 06:51:39 PM

IMA HUMP THE CHAOS STATUE!  WOOOOOOOOO!  IT'S A DIRTY LITTLE SLAG AND IT WANTS IT!

:lulz:

If Bruce were allowed in this game with Hogar running about, he'd probably play that little quickling fart-sniffer he loves so much. And he'd be "fucking" everything in sight, including Nurse Enabler's and TGG's characters, consent notwithstanding.  :|  Goddamn, he's such a... A... bastard.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 31, 2011, 06:56:09 PM

If Bruce were allowed in this game with Hogar running about, he'd probably play that little quickling fart-sniffer he loves so much. And he'd be "fucking" everything in sight, including Nurse Enabler's and TGG's characters, consent notwithstanding.  :|  Goddamn, he's such a... A... bastard.

More to the point, he's boring.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2011, 06:57:57 PM

And he cheats. Who the fuck cheats at D&D?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 31, 2011, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2011, 06:57:57 PM

And he cheats. Who the fuck cheats at D&D?

Other than half the people at Hat's?  :lol:

Sister Fracture

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on January 31, 2011, 04:48:36 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on January 27, 2011, 09:35:33 PM
QuoteSneaky bastardism.  Use terrain, use hazards, and start thinking of frontal assaults as a pathology, not a tactic.

Not sure if  you've seen this article, but its something I've used as a blueprint the few times I've dmed.

http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/

Heh.  I did things the players still speak about in whispers to a party with nothing but kobolds.

Bloody idiots didn't set a night watch...  After all, level 20's don't NEED any stinkin' night guards, right?

Well, when they woke up with their packs rifled and a lot of nice crap I'd been meaning to remove from their inventories missing, they were, shall we say, disturbed.

Ranger tracked down little kobold footy-prints to a hole, and in they went.

Remember what Roger said earlier about not going where you can't stand up straight?  HOW tall are kobolds?  I assure you, they ain't digging their tunnels bigger so YOU can walk comfortably in to slaughter them.  The big, burly paladin had to leave his plate back with the horses to fit in the tunnels.  (Said horses did appear later, roasting over a spit...) 

Tons of traps.  Deadfalls.  And, over it all, the sound of kobolds giggling...

I let one of 'em escape alive, to carry back the tale.

Was the closest I ever came to a TPK, I do believe that I shouldn't go out of my way to slaughter characters in which players have put time and effort...  And, had they turned around and left at any point, I'd've taken a few more nonlethal shots at 'em for punctuation and let them go, without their stuff.  But, "they're only KOBOLDS..."

The math is weird, there.

If the rogue wasn't able to hear the kobolds at 20th level (perception/listen check would be D20+23 ranks + 2 wisdom - 8 for being asleep = d20+17, minimum 18, average 27.5 vs a kobold with a stealth/move silently of d20+3 = max 23, average 13.5 PER ROUND) there is no real chance the rogue shouldn't have woken up and royally fuckinged the kobolds.

Luna

MUCH earlier edition.  No perception checks back in the stone age... this would have been either 2nd Edition or maybe back into the days of boxed sets.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Update:  Much to my disgust, there is apparently no room in the rules for a spell named 16 tons of protection from evil.

:crankey: