News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Not That It Matters...

Started by NegativeNinja999, January 03, 2013, 08:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NegativeNinja999

But here's why I came here.  I'm one of those weirdos who read the Principia Discordia and almost took it seriously... whatever that means... then later I read the Black Iron Prison which practically confirmed all the "suspicions" I got from the Principia.  Shortly after each one, I found myself in the grey area of a million black & white situations, realizing everything is two-sided, and witnessing duality in action.   I watch people kick & scream as they cling to one side with iron fists, the vein in their forehead protruding as they proudly denounce the other.  Their emotions rule out their logic as I sit back, completely neutral, so neutral that it just KILLS them how I won't support their cause, or at least admit I'm against it(which I am not).  I know some folks here dislike me, I know some may just post instructions on how to fit in here... since that's all I've ever wanted, to fit in somewhere... but I'd like to humbly ask for some real advice.  I love all your insight.
Dad:  "Quit making that ugly face or it'll get stuck like that."
Me:  "But I'm not making a face."
Dad:  "Oh, well then too late."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on January 03, 2013, 08:07:33 AM
But here's why I came here.  I'm one of those weirdos who read the Principia Discordia and almost took it seriously... whatever that means... then later I read the Black Iron Prison which practically confirmed all the "suspicions" I got from the Principia.  Shortly after each one, I found myself in the grey area of a million black & white situations, realizing everything is two-sided, and witnessing duality in action.   I watch people kick & scream as they cling to one side with iron fists, the vein in their forehead protruding as they proudly denounce the other.  Their emotions rule out their logic as I sit back, completely neutral, so neutral that it just KILLS them how I won't support their cause, or at least admit I'm against it(which I am not).  I know some folks here dislike me, I know some may just post instructions on how to fit in here... since that's all I've ever wanted, to fit in somewhere... but I'd like to humbly ask for some real advice.  I love all your insight.

My advice is to examine yourself for a while.  Spend a little time visiting with the horrible monkey in your brain.

Because, after all, disdain is itself an emotion with which people make decisions.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I should also point out that while most everything is a shade of grey, there's a mighty big difference between these two shades:

If something is 90% true and 10% false, you really shouldn't put it in the same relativistic category as something that's 60% true and 40% false.

NegativeNinja999

Gotcha... I'll keep that in mind.
Dad:  "Quit making that ugly face or it'll get stuck like that."
Me:  "But I'm not making a face."
Dad:  "Oh, well then too late."