News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demolition Squid

Aaand just had a phonecall from my dad.

The doctors are now saying that they don't expect my grandfather to pull through. I'm surprised, but they've said his condition is deteriorating and there's nothing they can do to stabilize him. They've told my mum this directly, but my grandmother hasn't been able to understand it - I don't know what was said exactly, but she was asking questions like 'so will he be able to continue his work?'

I've got a choice to make. I can go up and see him, though they're now saying they don't think he'll even know we're there... or I can not. Part of me feels guilty, but I don't want to see him in that condition and remember him like that...
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

EK WAFFLR

Oof. Sorry to hear that, Demosquid.

Should you decide not to go see him, don't feel guilty for it. it's completely understandable. I visited my grampa before he died, and he didn't recognize me at all. It felt real bad.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 19, 2015, 01:23:38 PM

The doctors are now saying that they don't expect my grandfather to pull through. I'm surprised, but they've said his condition is deteriorating and there's nothing they can do to stabilize him. They've told my mum this directly, but my grandmother hasn't been able to understand it - I don't know what was said exactly, but she was asking questions like 'so will he be able to continue his work?'

I've got a choice to make. I can go up and see him, though they're now saying they don't think he'll even know we're there... or I can not. Part of me feels guilty, but I don't want to see him in that condition and remember him like that...

So sorry. The only thing I could say about whether to go see him or not is consider if your presence would be of any help to those that are there. If you think being there might help your family, consider it, if you're up for it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2015, 03:24:19 AM
In tonight's bored, sobriety-fueled effort to find out where all the internet users went, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/what-happened-to-the-new-internet#.mtyXEzYEZ

QuoteA sort of common wisdom has congealed — and Medium has done little to dissolve it — that Medium is like a YouTube for written stories. In 2005, YouTube solved the problem of embeddable, sharable short videos; in 2014, perhaps Medium answers similar, albeit much less urgent questions: Where do you write without starting a blog, without joining a community, without writing a comment, without having access to the media? Where do you just insert your idea into the internet? If you understand the last year of Medium as a proof-of-concept phase, spent building a toolset and creating a very nice way to type words into a box, then it's already been a success. It's an increasingly attractive entry point to the semi-pro internet, a latter day WordPress that both hopes to take over written content and to get credit for it.

Possibly of interest to the writers among us.

I've been using Smashwords for my writing.  This is worth looking at.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 19, 2015, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 18, 2015, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 18, 2015, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 18, 2015, 12:27:21 AM
Quote from: President Television on January 17, 2015, 11:49:40 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 17, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 17, 2015, 08:26:23 PM
What's cool is that even if a woman spag like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.

newsfeed

It would need to be corrected to reflect the correct math, which would be fourteen thousand if we are expanding the search for EOC's lifemate to men.

I'm not sure how EOC feels about that, though.

I think it's more that the original figure should've been 3,500, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Oh, you're right. Good catch.

also LOL bi people. 7000 works for me :D

Yeah, I've heard of bi people. :lol: I was just still talking about EOC, who as far as I know isn't.

oh good, at least you don't think we're mythical unicorns :p

I don't think bi people are unicorns, and neither do the ladies I fuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 19, 2015, 01:23:38 PM

I'm sorry... that's awful. :( Don't feel guilty, since he won't get anything out of a visit it's OK to choose to hold on to the memory of the last time you saw him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 19, 2015, 08:20:59 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 18, 2015, 03:54:02 AM
The word for today is "ultracrepidarian".

Holy fuck. How did I not learn this before now??? That's such a useful term.

Hmmm, it really is.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2015, 03:41:55 PM

Hmmm, it really is.

MOST PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD OF IT.  <--- Note that I am not an expert in this field.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 19, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2015, 03:41:55 PM

Hmmm, it really is.

MOST PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD OF IT.  <--- Note that I am not an expert in this field.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 19, 2015, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 18, 2015, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 18, 2015, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 18, 2015, 12:27:21 AM
Quote from: President Television on January 17, 2015, 11:49:40 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 17, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 17, 2015, 08:26:23 PM
What's cool is that even if a woman spag like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.

newsfeed

It would need to be corrected to reflect the correct math, which would be fourteen thousand if we are expanding the search for EOC's lifemate to men.

I'm not sure how EOC feels about that, though.

I think it's more that the original figure should've been 3,500, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Oh, you're right. Good catch.

also LOL bi people. 7000 works for me :D

Yeah, I've heard of bi people. :lol: I was just still talking about EOC, who as far as I know isn't.

oh good, at least you don't think we're mythical unicorns :p

I also kind of have a feeling that LMNO is also aware of the existence of bisexual people, but you could always check in with him and see if he needs reminding.

Doktor Howl

Wait.  Is it that time again ALREADY? 

Yanno, where suddenly someone is saying - or is said to be saying - that a portion of the population doesn't exist (ie, bisexuals), and because someone on Facebook or tumblr or Twitter or something said it, then it can be assumed that Nigel (and most other people on this board) suddenly ALSO think that this is the case?

Walking in here and saying you're bisexual is like saying you're left-handed.  This IS in fact the one place where equality has been achieved, because nobody cares how anyone is oriented.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2015, 05:59:10 AM
(No doubt they would say that the above is ableist... and besides, I don't know the pain of being born into unwanted privilege. I'm probably oppressing straight white middle-class protectors with my hate speech.)

It's a shame I'm not doing sociology, as I have a great idea for a thesis.  I was thinking of calling it something like "Get Rekt Scrub: On the Performative Aspects of Being Better Than All Those Other White Dudes".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 19, 2015, 04:46:57 PM
Wait.  Is it that time again ALREADY? 

Yanno, where suddenly someone is saying - or is said to be saying - that a portion of the population doesn't exist (ie, bisexuals), and because someone on Facebook or tumblr or Twitter or something said it, then it can be assumed that Nigel (and most other people on this board) suddenly ALSO think that this is the case?

Walking in here and saying you're bisexual is like saying you're left-handed.  This IS in fact the one place where equality has been achieved, because nobody cares how anyone is oriented.

I think that at least half the board has mentioned being bi. We just don't walk about it much because, as you mentioned, nobody gives a fuck. And nobody wants to hear the grotty details of anyone's sex life. :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2015, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2015, 05:59:10 AM
(No doubt they would say that the above is ableist... and besides, I don't know the pain of being born into unwanted privilege. I'm probably oppressing straight white middle-class protectors with my hate speech.)

It's a shame I'm not doing sociology, as I have a great idea for a thesis.  I was thinking of calling it something like "Get Rekt Scrub: On the Performative Aspects of Being Better Than All Those Other White Dudes".

Oh, that would be genius:lulz:

LMNO

Wait.  It's ok to want to lick penises and vaginas at the SAME TIME!?!?!?!