Unlimited How Not to Be a Fat Fucky Bastard thread: now 100% more fat free

Started by Doktor Howl, April 16, 2010, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I've tried going for long walks in London.  I swear it's killing more of my lungs polyps than it is burning calories.

On the plus side, it is very easy to get on the Tube to somewhere a good distance away, then just walk back.

Left

I went from 220 to 148 (lowest) doing something like this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1230347/Feast-famine-The-diet-wont-just-help-lose-weight-youll-live-longer-brainier.html

...Only I also regulated the "up" day calories.
I did this because I got stuck at 220, I was eating 1200 calories a day and not dropping weight.

This diet has some other interesting benefits:

QuoteOne specific health benefit is relieving the symptoms of asthma - and that's not just because the patients have lost weight.
A small study of ten obese asthmatics found that after eight weeks they'd lost eight per cent of their body weight; their symptoms of the disease had also greatly improved.

The study, conducted by Dr Johnson with scientists from the National Institute on Ageing ( including Dr Mattson) and Stamford University, showed patients had less inflammation in their lungs, making it easier for them to breathe.

I should add, I've been vegan since 2000, but stress eating caused me to get back up to 275, at which point my very-frustrated asthma doctor suggested stomach stapling.
That jarred me so much that I got it off without surgery...though it was a miserable slog.
I have gotten lazy and have crept back to about 178.
At 148 I was hungry all the fricken' time though.
For my height (5' 9") I should weigh no more than 163 pounds.

Basically, being hungry as hell every other day is way easier than being hungry all the time.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm stuck at 155. Lost 10 lbs between going under and waking up from surgery last year (gross, I know, I would rather not know that either) but then bedrest and enforced inactivity bunged me up to 155 and my summer challenge is to get to 140.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 09, 2013, 06:50:50 AM
Basically, being hungry as hell every other day is way easier than being hungry all the time.

Welcome to my world, I'll eat an entire large pizza and still be hungry.

I just have accepted it as a perpetual fucked up state of being alive a la Buddhism.

I weigh 155 pounds and am 6' 1" but I bet my arteries look like an obese person's.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have just about managed to get my energy level back up to "hyper as fuck" by hiking at least 12 miles a week and walking all over fuck, and now I'm riding my bike again and can definitely feel the improvement in my legs and ass. The scale is still lodged firmly at 155 but I'm sure I've exchanged some muscle for fat. I'm working on my heart and lung capacity primarily now, and will ramp that up by throwing swimming into the mix as soon as I figure out how it fits into my summer schedule.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Halfway through my second week of riding bike daily. I can easily rock the two miles to school without breaking a sweat. I have noticed a sharp uptick in my overall energy level, I am metabolizing alcohol noticeably more efficiently (both in terms of feeling the effects and clearing it out of my system faster) and I feel more alert and focused. Which is good given that I've taken to slamming awake at 6:15 whether I need to or not.

Doktor Howl

I have again grown used to being a little bit hungry all the time.  It actually feels good, now.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 26, 2013, 09:09:30 PM
I have again grown used to being a little bit hungry all the time.  It actually feels good, now.

It's probably good for us all to feel a little bit hungry all the time. Being full weighs us down and makes us sleepy; it's for babies.

Reginald Ret

Hunger tends to sneak up on me.
I feel fine for hours, then suddenly i am weak and/or nauseous with hunger. Sometimes including hungercramps.
The only time i feel a little bit hungry is when i don't sleep enough.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm in danger. Hopefully getting my weights and yoga mat out of storage today. But that refrigerator with STUFF I LIKE (rather than crammed with ex-roomie's Paula Deen margarine-grease-and-leftover-fast-food vomit fest) is calling to me. Sometimes when I'm just bored. Even salads will fuck you up if you make them with avocados and cheese, which I do. It's finally cooling off a little here, so that makes biking and dog walking possible again. That helps.   
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm doing a "cleanse" with my friend E, where "cleanse" is really just hippie-speak for a restrictive diet. Our goal is to each lose 5 lbs, so we're doing it until the weight is lost. I actually want to lose more like 10 lbs by the end of October, but we'll see.

For now, basically all it means is that I can't have grains, cheese, sugar, or alcohol.

TIME FOR MY KETTLEBELL WORKOUT.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 23, 2013, 04:28:18 PM
I'm doing a "cleanse" with my friend E, where "cleanse" is really just hippie-speak for a restrictive diet. Our goal is to each lose 5 lbs, so we're doing it until the weight is lost. I actually want to lose more like 10 lbs by the end of October, but we'll see.

For now, basically all it means is that I can't have grains, cheese, sugar, or alcohol.

No cheese?  :sad:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on September 25, 2013, 09:18:38 AM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 23, 2013, 04:28:18 PM

No cheese?  :sad:

I have a cheese problem.

Eliminating cheese and alcohol from my diet will almost certainly allow me to shed significant poundage.

The Good Reverend Roger

Just about back in 34s, doing nothing but what I wrote here...And without much of the exercise, too, because the goal here is to lose weight at a slow, steady pace.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Tor Hershman

You could, unless the term is being used literally, stop bein' a bastard...then ya'd just be fat.

I lost ninety pounds. How? Don't eat, starve, have an incentive such as The Ex wants me to be fat as a mantra.
Progresso 60 calorie a serving (120 per can) soups are great, Light Greek Yogurt (80-90 calories, 30% DRA protein), calorie-free & fat-free cole slaw dressing on raw cabbage and carrots IF you can stand the taste.  Oh yeah, cold drinks, much walking, starving ALL THE TIME!

See the pick, 25 lbs. more went since then makin' it 90.  I can now wear 34 by 34 jeans.