News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Inevitable, unlimited, annual destruction of the Eastern Seaboard thread

Started by Mangrove, October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

South County (Washington County) here in Rhode Island is a mess. The majority of the area has no power, in fact, I think the university is the ONLY place that has working power in the area, and still, parts of the campus are still black. Debris is at a minimum, but they've been cleaning diligently. I saw linemen crews from Missouri and Tennessee, and Texas is also apparently in town.

They are not letting non-residents or buses past a certain point in Narragansett, and I'm unsure of the state of Rte 1. Matunuck and Misquamicut Beaches are gone, and will probably not have a 2013 season. Narragansett is seriously questionable. I have not seen it, but friends in the area have told me that most of the town is destroyed. (By "town" read "beachside clamshacks and burger joints.") I don't think Iggy's made it, Roger. :(

The front page today show beach cottages on Carpenter Beach in Matunuck totaled.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/10/inundated-cottages-rest-on-the-sand-at-roy-carpenters-beach-in-south.html

Not having a beach season in Rhode Island will destroy the state's summer economy. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mangrove

Power back tonight at 6:45 pm. Thankfully, no damage..[phew].

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 11:43:20 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 31, 2012, 11:31:09 PM
I don't think Iggy's made it, Roger. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   :cry:

Oh DAMN.   :cry:

Also - We have been trying to isolate Dimo to placate the weather.  IT would be easier to get a Boson on the chopping block. 
SERIOUSLY.

This is quantum grease we are dealing with, he slips out a different way every time we look at him!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

He was leaving school as I was arriving, he told me last week that he usually hangs out for 4 hours between classes.

He's onto us.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

As of 10pm tonight a busload of volunteers pulled into the Providence Hilton along with a small convoy of trucks. Not sure where they are from as they don't have license plates in the front. I kinda wish they would go to NJ/NY, but the response so far has been incredible. Nobody wanted another Katrina.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on November 01, 2012, 02:32:31 AM
As of 10pm tonight a busload of volunteers pulled into the Providence Hilton along with a small convoy of trucks. Not sure where they are from as they don't have license plates in the front. I kinda wish they would go to NJ/NY, but the response so far has been incredible. Nobody wanted another a white Katrina.

Fixed that for you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Bump for Nor'Easter Athena, brought to you by:

WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK IS FUCKING FUCK!?

-Suu
Not sure if Mother Nature has a sense of humor or...