News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Godsmancer

Started by Placid Dingo, September 16, 2012, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Nil
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Interesting... I like the "screams for attention" part. If gods were real, what assholes they would be...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

You got me, Placid. I need to know more about this world you're creating.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Wizard Joseph

Neato! You really know how to hook a plot Mr. Dingo.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Thanks.

The main premise is of a world with multiple Gods interacting in human affairs. As a general rule the older the God, the more powerful and the less likely it is to directly intervene. The Godsmancer is the political figure who tries to interact and keep peace between religious groups. It's generally considered the worst job in the world as Gods are overwhelmingly indifferent to mortal laws.

Signora Pæsior

This is really addictive writing. That's kind of the only way I can describe it.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Placid Dingo

Nil

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Nil

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 17, 2012, 01:44:22 AM
Thanks.

The main premise is of a world with multiple Gods interacting in human affairs. As a general rule the older the God, the more powerful and the less likely it is to directly intervene. The Godsmancer is the political figure who tries to interact and keep peace between religious groups. It's generally considered the worst job in the world as Gods are overwhelmingly indifferent to mortal laws.

That is a fantastic premise!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 17, 2012, 01:44:22 AM
Thanks.

I love it and need more.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Placid Dingo

Nil

Kai

Can't wait till he starts actually interacting with deities.

The Wizard Joseph

I really really like that you're alluding to existing tension among fictional religions. It gets the mind hungry for explanations and keeps the audience captive. The stories I'm building for Eris Erotica are mostly meant to parody existing belief systems. It takes real nuts to make em up on the fly.

Awesome work!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Nil