News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

where is shit to do at?

Started by Meunster, May 09, 2015, 11:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

How do i tell if there's nothing to do in my city, or if im just not in the group that knows what's going on.

Ive checked every social media outlet for kcmo and everything just doesn't look fun. Its either dj night, college band, free seminar, political speech  (not the fub kind), or something for the kids to do.

Ive checked every online site, fb, twitter, tumblr, the pitch calander, even fetlife.

The most interesting thing that was going on was an open gangbang, but I only gangbang with people i know are clean. So that's out.

The poetry nights are only on Wednesdays and i don't want to be stuck at another small bar with a shitty 4 cord college band playing, that or stay home alone all night. Both bad ways to spend my time.

So half rant half question, how do i find fun? Or do i just have to go out in a silly hat to boreing events and make the fun myself?
Poe's law ;)

LMNO

MAKE FUN.

TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE MAKING FUN.

HAVE FUN.

LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN WITH YOU.

MAKE MORE FUN WITH THOSE PEOPLE.

TELL PEOPLE YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH OTHET PEOPLE.

INVITE THEM TO HAVE FUN WITH YOU.

REPEAT AS NECESSARY.

NOTE: you have to be brave enough to have fun by yourself until someone shows up. 

The Johnny

Doing boring stuff with interesting people can be fun. IOW you need to open yourself to interact and bond with others.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Meunster on May 09, 2015, 11:00:14 PM
Its either dj night, college band, free seminar, political speech  (not the fub kind), or something for the kids to do.
Go to DJ night, try to find the DJ's limits with stranger and stranger requests.
Talk to college band, ask to join on stage and rock out.
Go to free seminar, argue with everyone. No-one fun to argue with? argue with your shoes.
Go to political speech, make fart noises. Or bring copious amounts of fart cushions.
Teach children fun stuff.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

QuoteIve checked every online site, fb, twitter, tumblr, the pitch calander, even fetlife.

Have you tried going the fuck outside?

We have resident experts on this.

And seconding LMNO, this is surely quite obvious.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Be the shit you want to do in the world.

LMNO

Doktor Howl

How do i tell if there's nothing to do in my city, or if im just not in the group that knows what's going on.

Ive checked every social media outlet for kcmo and everything just doesn't look fun. Its either dj night, college band, free seminar, political speech  (not the fub kind), or something for the kids to do.

Ive checked every online site, fb, twitter, tumblr, the pitch calander, even fetlife.

I think I see the problem.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2015, 03:54:00 AM

Q. G. Pennyworth

You were the one planning a cross-country trip spreading weirdness. Start at home. Print out flyers or whatever and hand them out at the street corner. Put up posters at the bus stops. Chalk graffiti if local law allows. Get a plastic golden apple and throw it into one of those DJ parties. Come on, man.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 11, 2015, 01:22:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2015, 03:54:00 AM

The Spider and the Crack await thee. O sinner!
Molon Lube