News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

HOLY FUCKING PRIVACY RAPE!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, February 18, 2010, 05:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Yup.

Shit that was a great miniseries.  I think I'll rewatch it.

Bruno

Did Samurai Jack ever get home?
Formerly something else...

Shibboleet The Annihilator

IDK, but google says Genndy Tartakovsky is doing some sort of robot sci-fi thing now.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on March 01, 2010, 12:29:30 AM
Did Samurai Jack ever get home?

I think he actually sort of did, or at least, the series did have some kind of grand finale where he fought Aku (?) in the end, and maybe he went back home, or maybe he did go home and then said, heroically, "No. My place is in the future. There's aliens and weird shit that needs my help.", or something like that.

I forgot the details, but there was some kind of closure, IIRC.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

And just to prove there is no hope for humanity, parents are gathering to oppose the lawsuit.  Apparently they like their kids being spied on.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Parents-Gather-to-Oppose-WebcamGate-Suit--85959677.html
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 02, 2010, 05:12:59 PM
And just to prove there is no hope for humanity, parents are gathering to oppose the lawsuit.  Apparently they like their kids being spied on.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Parents-Gather-to-Oppose-WebcamGate-Suit--85959677.html

Yeah, because then they can TOTALLY abdicate their responsibilities as parents.
Molon Lube

Iason Ouabache

UPDATE!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100416/ap_on_hi_te/us_laptops_spying_on_students;_ylt=AqIwVqnFPR.GFZHdNBepLMKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxNmJvNTlpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNDE2L3VzX2xhcHRvcHNfc3B5aW5nX29uX3N0dWRlbnRzBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDOQRwb3MDNgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2ZhbWlseXBhc2Nobw--

QuoteA suburban Philadelphia school district snapped secret webcam pictures of a high school student when he was partially undressed or sleeping in his bed, and captured instant messages he exchanged with friends, the student charged in court papers this week.

The Lower Merion School District concedes its efforts to find missing school-issued laptops was misguided, and officials vowed anew Friday to release the findings of their internal investigation, "good and bad."

The LANrev software program took screen shots and webcam photos every 15 seconds when activated. The district thereby captured over 400 screen shots and webcam images of Harriton High School sophomore Blake Robbins, according to court filings this week in his lawsuit.

The suit, filed in February, exposed the tracking program and prompted an FBI investigation into possible wiretap violations, along with debate among parents about whether to support the potential class-action lawsuit.

"A substantial number of webcam photos have been recovered in the investigation," school board President David Ebby said in a statement Friday. "As we have made clear since day one, we are committed to providing all of the facts — good and bad — at the conclusion of the investigation."

Quote"Thousands of webcam pictures and screen shots have been taken of numerous other students in their homes, many of which never reported their laptops lost or missing," Haltzman wrote in a motion filed Thursday.

According to Haltzman, technology coordinator Carol Cafiero refused to answer his questions at a recent deposition, citing her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. She and technician Michael Perbix were the only employees authorized to activate the webcams. Perbix did not fight the deposition.

Haltzman called Cafiero a possible "voyeur" and wants access to her personal computer to see if she downloaded any student images. To support the charge, he cited her response to an e-mail from a colleague who said viewing the webcam pictures was like watching "a little LMSD soap opera."

"I know, I love it!" Cafiero allegedly replied.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Dr. Paes

Would be interested to hear what the parents who opposed the lawsuit have to say for themselves now.

Requia ☣

They're probably pissed that their kids aren't getting photographed that often.

*Has no faith left in humanity.

Requia ☣

Jasper

YESS.  Christ, it sure has been social justice out lately.

maphdet

I wonder if the kids are still required to use the laptops distributed by the school.

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 24, 2010, 03:58:49 AM

Eh, that depends on where you're looking.

Jasper

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 24, 2010, 10:46:38 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on April 24, 2010, 03:58:49 AM

Eh, that depends on where you're looking.

Yeah, always.  Still...

Bruno

Formerly something else...