Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Yeah. People were definitely a bad Idea from the beginning.

Homo Pantsus

To be fair, the Australopithecines didn't have pants to keep it in. By the time pants did finally come around, the situation was already too far gone.
Or Kill Me / Re: TGRR: a Crunken Eulogy
« Last post by The Wizard Joseph on Today at 09:37:16 pm »
I was around in the days of POEE.co.uk, but then I lost the thread for a few years (IRL kinda takes over if you let it). I'm only just now getting back into the community, and to come back to this sort of news... I'm truly saddened to hear about Roger's death. RIP, you angry fucker, and may death bring the peace none of us can get in life.

We were going to bury him in a secret tomb, but we couldn't find it after he died. His corpus is interred at an undisclosed location that definitely isn't the dumpster of an abandoned Shoney's. Definitely not.

Thanks for spilling the beans.  That grave is MINE to shit on, and if I catch anyone else there, I'll be shitting for two.

So you found it! Did I leave my cell phone there? I been looking all over for it.  :oops:
Apple Talk / Re: Ben Mack
« Last post by The Wizard Joseph on Today at 09:34:23 pm »
Who's Ben Mack? I don't trust the search engines.

DO NOT DISRUPT THE RITE! PARTICIPATE AND ALL WILL BE CLEAR!!
IA! IA! Ben Mack Mack Ben Mack MACK!!
« Last post by Frontside Back on Today at 09:04:09 pm »
Who's Ben Mack? I don't trust the search engines.
Or Kill Me / Re: TGRR: a Crunken Eulogy
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 08:41:40 pm »
I was around in the days of POEE.co.uk, but then I lost the thread for a few years (IRL kinda takes over if you let it). I'm only just now getting back into the community, and to come back to this sort of news... I'm truly saddened to hear about Roger's death. RIP, you angry fucker, and may death bring the peace none of us can get in life.

We were going to bury him in a secret tomb, but we couldn't find it after he died. His corpus is interred at an undisclosed location that definitely isn't the dumpster of an abandoned Shoney's. Definitely not.

Thanks for spilling the beans.  That grave is MINE to shit on, and if I catch anyone else there, I'll be shitting for two.
Literate Chaotic / Re: ITT: Original Story Ideas
« Last post by Rococo Modem Basilisk on Today at 05:15:25 pm »
A small-time con artist in silicon valley recognizes that the best way to make money in the tech industry is to get a huge amount of VC cash and then create a series of embarrassing public scandals before any of that money is actually spent (i.e., before hiring employees or getting users or doing anything other than sweet-talking the tech press). Unfortunately, the industry doubles-down in support of this con artist after every scandal, and he has no choice but to escalate and begin doing things he finds personally repulsive because he has no idea how to do any of the things he promised (many of which are probably not physically possible).
« Last post by Rococo Modem Basilisk on Today at 02:43:18 pm »
2.) A combination of Pokemon and Journey to the West in which a monk goes about rounding up supernatural beings that have been subjugated by the Buddha in order to make them battle against similar beings captured by rival monestaries
I would watch the fuck out of this.
« Last post by Eater of Clowns on Today at 02:29:11 pm »
Is GOOD ENERGY visible from SPACE?
Apple Talk / Re: Hopeful but realistic ten-year scenarios
« Last post by Frontside Back on Today at 01:56:11 pm »
As for the CIA and Google thing, I assume you're referencing some kind of future world where people give a fuck about privacy. While that may very well happen in the next 10 years, it won't do so on this planet. See, privacy is a myth. It always has been a myth, and anyone who believes in it might as well go to church on Sundays too, because it's that kind of fake. But not only is there no such thing as privacy, privacy has no right to exist anyway. If you're scared of men in black suits finding out what you fap to when nobody's looking, you're just not living. Plus, all this worrying about privacy is seriously impeding the cybernetic hivemind society I want to live in. We need to erase all concept of the self, forcefully, and over the corpses of whoever bitches about it. There's no other way to survive as a species. Plus, it would probably involve a lot of cool looking implants and wires and blinky lights and stuff, which is all far more important than not being spied on. Which isn't important at all. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. I fully support the transhumanist ideal of erasing the individual human mind from existence in favor of a collective consciousness aided by heavy and probably reckless use of technology. And, of course, gulags for anyone who doesn't like it.

I would prefer not to. ( :

That's fine. There's plenty of room in the camps, and someone's gonna have to be on commode duty.

Why'd you need camps on a transhumanist post-scarcity society tho? People who don't want to be part of hivemind could easily coexist and even be of use for the collective with their fresh perspective. Why everyone thinks there's only one right answer that will take over the world? That hasn't happened once in the whole of history and probably never will. Psychodiversity is our main survival mechanism.
« Last post by St Accelerated Evolution on Today at 10:58:07 am »
In the year 2178 the three biggest religions in America are Heaven's Gate, Scientology, and the Manson Family. All now mostly unrecognizable and expanded into mediocrity

Heaven's Gate turns into a comet every ten minutes
Scientology is scientology
The Manson Family turns into The Manson Union Of Theological Affairs

:lulz:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10