News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Vote for Bush?

Started by MescalineBanana, July 30, 2004, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MescalineBanana

Yes.  It has, of course, as of late, been my pleasure to need to begrudgingly oblige to vote for Kerry in the face of four more years of Bush.  While I don't particularly like Kerry or Edwards, and I believe Democrats and Republicans to be two nearly identical sides of one seriously fucked up coin, there is no doubt in my mind who would do a much better job as president.  To describe the situation I use the cliche "Pick your poison."  In this case, Kerry seems to be the preferred poison.

But then I was thinking the other day.  That's right, I was thinking.  And what was I thinking, you may ask?  Well, I was thinking that, since they are both poisons, both will kill you.  Eventually.

The United States is dying.  The poison is in its veins, and the egregious outcome at this point is inevitable.

Bush & Co., along with all the deeds to be performed thereby, are the quick poison which will serve to end the life of this ill and ill-fated country in a very timely fasion, nigh instantly.
Kerry and his band of Republicrats, on the other hand, are the slow-working poison, the poison which slowly, over time, eats away at the insides of the country until This Great Republic, gaunt, passes away, agony etched in its face.

So which poison would you rather take?  The one which prolongs your suffering, or the one which ends it all with one final gasp?
I would certainly choose the latter.

The end is ineluctable.  It is up to us how it comes about.
Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MescalineBananaSo which poison would you rather take?  The one which prolongs your suffering, or the one which ends it all with one final gasp?

One gives you time to make changes.  The other is leading us towards a new dark age.

You decide.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rupert Giles

I am personally hoping for a Dark Age, because then I can build my Mettaur army and rule the world!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Compositus ConfusioI am personally hoping for a Dark Age, because then I can build my Mettaur army and rule the world!

Or die of an absessed tooth.

Whichever.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rupert Giles

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Compositus ConfusioI am personally hoping for a Dark Age, because then I can build my Mettaur army and rule the world!

Whichever.

I wouldn't die of an absessed tooth.  See, I have a one up on most people today:  I can treat alot of things that most people think you need fancy medical attention for.

I can clean up a wound, sew it up, keep it bandaged, etc.

I can amputate a limb (I know how.  Never done it.)

I have a vast collection of herbology crap.

And I'll be armed to the teeth when the bullets run out.

Efrim

Quote from: MescalineBananaYes.  It has, of course, as of late, been my pleasure to need to begrudgingly oblige to vote for Kerry in the face of four more years of Bush.  While I don't particularly like Kerry or Edwards, and I believe Democrats and Republicans to be two nearly identical sides of one seriously fucked up coin, there is no doubt in my mind who would do a much better job as president.  To describe the situation I use the cliche "Pick your poison."  In this case, Kerry seems to be the preferred poison.

But then I was thinking the other day.  That's right, I was thinking.  And what was I thinking, you may ask?  Well, I was thinking that, since they are both poisons, both will kill you.  Eventually.

The United States is dying.  The poison is in its veins, and the egregious outcome at this point is inevitable.

Bush & Co., along with all the deeds to be performed thereby, are the quick poison which will serve to end the life of this ill and ill-fated country in a very timely fasion, nigh instantly.
Kerry and his band of Republicrats, on the other hand, are the slow-working poison, the poison which slowly, over time, eats away at the insides of the country until This Great Republic, gaunt, passes away, agony etched in its face.

So which poison would you rather take?  The one which prolongs your suffering, or the one which ends it all with one final gasp?

Psh,

Optimist.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Compositus Confusio

Whichever.

I wouldn't die of an absessed tooth.  See, I have a one up on most people today:  I can treat alot of things that most people think you need fancy medical attention for.

Until you break a leg, and go into shock.

The Good Reverend is VERY good at first aid...but has no illusions of what life would be like.

It's all fun and games, until you get a staph infection.

Rupert Giles

Whichever.

The Good Reverend is VERY good at first aid...but has no illusions of what life would be like.

Essence of Garlic.  Injected.  Into bloodstream.

Besides, the persons I would be with in such an event are like-minded, but much wiser individuals, who are much more trained than I.

And one of them is Pure German.

So I'd be kinda afraid.

The Good Reverend Roger

Whichever.

Nonsense.  Essence of Garlic is NOT a bacteriophage.

Efrim

Whichever.

Nonsense.  Essence of Garlic is NOT a bacteriophage.

Gamers debate the dynamics of life in the dark ages....I think CC has romanticized it a bit.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Efrim
Gamers debate the dynamics of life in the dark ages....I think CC has romanticized it a bit.

The best way to imagine it is to think that the director of Road Warrior was a hopeless optimist.

Efrim

The best way to imagine it is to think that the director of Road Warrior was a hopeless optimist.

Witch.

You're dead. Have a nice day.

L,
Efrim

Rupert Giles

You're right about the Garlic bit.  It's antifungal.  Hm.  I guess it's a good thing I keep a Penenillen culture around.

Bella

Olive leaf is a natural antibiotic.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Witch.

You're dead. Have a nice day.

Yup.  That's about the size of it.

Rev Roger,
Is having visions of burning textbooks to stay warm.