News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

You might THINK your state is weird but it didn't produce Stephen King...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 30, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

...or THIS guy: http://www.myfoxmaine.com/story/25108419/man-does-c-section-on-dead-porcupine-saves-baby

QuoteJared Buzzell, of Lisbon, says he was searching for wild mushrooms Thursday when he saw a porcupine get hit by a car in Minot. Buzzell says he'd heard that a valuable mineral deposit used in Chinese medicine formed in the stomachs of porcupines.

He then cut open the dead porcupine to search for the mineral and instead found the baby.

He tells WMTW-TV (bit.ly/1hlWRUl) he cut the umbilical cord and thought the baby porcupine was dead until he started massaging it and it began breathing.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Obviously this is going to be the "weird shit from Maine" thread, since I won't be keeping up with the weird shit in WA anymore.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Johnny

it massages the porcupine on the belly or it gets the shrooms again
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Suu

Maine is fucking weird. Now that I live close enough, I can actually say that. The first couple times I came up for a weekend camping trip, I thought, "Okay, maybe it's just this small town." (Which happens to be somewhat close to where RWHN lives.)

LOLNOPE.

It's not a bad weird or dangerous weird, just...weird.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, it's actually a fairly endearing and lighthearted weird most of the time.

Though sometimes, when it goes dark, it goes REALLY dark. But that's usually few and far between.

Suu

The only thing that really puts me off about Maine is that it can go from civilized New England to inbred backwater in a half mile, which is a little unnerving, but harmless.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

East Coast Hustle

And then there's this genius: http://www.wmtw.com/news/man-says-pot-in-car-not-his-because-it-was-stolen/25374208?absolute=true

QuotePolice in Livermore Falls say a man they pulled over with marijuana in the car had an excuse that landed him in more trouble.

Police said the incident happened late Sunday night when Douglas Glidden, of Jay, was stopped on Meadowbrook Road because the officer knew Glidden's license was suspended.

While being taken to the Androscoggin County Jail for booking, police said Glidden told them the marijuana found in the car was not his because he had stolen the car.

Mangrove

I have in laws in Maine.

My wife's niece was visiting from Maine with her boyfriend. He explained that his buddy wanted to go to Cabela's to check out a gun which, he had no interest in but figured it was something to do.

So, the friend is talking guns with the Cabela's guy and for yuks says "See him over there...he's a liberal!"

The Cabela's guy calls him over and then reams him out in public, in all seriousness without a trace of irony, tongue in cheek nor indeed any kind of awareness..

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN THE SYRIANS INVADE!!!??"

Watch out Mainers, Assad has his eyes on you.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on April 08, 2014, 02:06:04 PM
And then there's this genius: http://www.wmtw.com/news/man-says-pot-in-car-not-his-because-it-was-stolen/25374208?absolute=true

QuotePolice in Livermore Falls say a man they pulled over with marijuana in the car had an excuse that landed him in more trouble.

Police said the incident happened late Sunday night when Douglas Glidden, of Jay, was stopped on Meadowbrook Road because the officer knew Glidden's license was suspended.

While being taken to the Androscoggin County Jail for booking, police said Glidden told them the marijuana found in the car was not his because he had stolen the car.

:lulz: Maybe Androscoggin should be looking toward preventing STUPID.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Nigel on April 08, 2014, 10:31:35 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on April 08, 2014, 02:06:04 PM

:lulz: Maybe Androscoggin should be looking toward preventing STUPID.
Rather get done for theft of car than be added to THE DATABASE OF MARIAJUANA USERS.