News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

The Atlas Shrugged Themepark?

Started by Mangrove, August 16, 2011, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Oh yeah, I'm almost ready to write these people off; two emails, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.  :cry:

I was really looking forward to actually talking to them about all this.

Might have to suck up the international charge and try calling them, even though it says that email is the best and quickest way to get in touch.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PopeTom on August 29, 2011, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 29, 2011, 01:16:42 AM
The rich side of town? Society column stuff like "Steven Tyler was spotted in the Back Bay shopping for scarves"?

:lulz:

The rich people may shop in parts of Back Bay but they all live on Beacon Hill.  Beacon Hill is rock solid old Boston.

History:  Boston was first called Tremont because it consisted of three hills.  Pemberton Hill, Mount Vernon, and Beacon Hill.  What is now Back Bay was a marshy area that was also used as a garbage dump.  During high tide when the area was under water it wasn't too bad.    However low tide on a nice hot summer day the city would reek.  so like any 19th century human would do the people of Boston said 'fuck this shit'.  They tore down Pemberton Hill & Mount Vernon and filled in the Back Bay.   It was the biggest of Boston's many land reclamation projects during that time period.  About half of Beacon Hill was used to build up land in Boston's waterfront district.

You know they're going to dig it all up at some point to com through all the antique garbage.  :D

They found all kinds of old stuff when they did the Big Dig. 
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 29, 2011, 11:26:15 PM
The rich side of town? Society column stuff like "Steven Tyler was spotted in the Back Bay shopping for scarves"?

The rich people may shop in parts of Back Bay but they all live on Beacon Hill.  Beacon Hill is rock solid old Boston.

History:  Boston was first called Tremont because it consisted of three hills.  Pemberton Hill, Mount Vernon, and Beacon Hill.  What is now Back Bay was a marshy area that was also used as a garbage dump.  During high tide when the area was under water it wasn't too bad.    However low tide on a nice hot summer day the city would reek.  so like any 19th century human would do the people of Boston said 'fuck this shit'.  They tore down Pemberton Hill & Mount Vernon and filled in the Back Bay.   It was the biggest of Boston's many land reclamation projects during that time period.  About half of Beacon Hill was used to build up land in Boston's waterfront district.

You know they're going to dig it all up at some point to com through all the antique garbage.  :D

...THEY WOKE THAT WHICH SLEEPS BENEATH THE CITY...

PopeTom

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 31, 2011, 02:24:50 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 29, 2011, 11:26:15 PM

...THEY WOKE THAT WHICH SLEEPS BENEATH THE CITY...

Father Dagon, Mother Hydra save us.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS