News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Started by Freeky, March 11, 2012, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Yeah.  My reaction to the above post was pretty  :| initially, but the more I thought about it, the more it annoyed me.

I mean, is pointing out a hypothetical Nazi has a Jewish background, for example, anti-Semitism?  No, it's pointing out an incongruence between his ideology and his reality.  Equally, pointing out a bunch of white supremacists aren't really looking like all that pure specimens of the Aryan race is not endorsing the ideology of White Supremacy, as much as it is poking fun at those who claim it without thinking through how it applies to them personally.

I'll accept I sometimes overthink things, but this strikes me as fairly obvious, right?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 14, 2012, 06:22:07 PM
Yeah.  My reaction to the above post was pretty  :| initially, but the more I thought about it, the more it annoyed me.

I mean, is pointing out a hypothetical Nazi has a Jewish background, for example, anti-Semitism?  No, it's pointing out an incongruence between his ideology and his reality.  Equally, pointing out a bunch of white supremacists aren't really looking like all that pure specimens of the Aryan race is not endorsing the ideology of White Supremacy, as much as it is poking fun at those who claim it without thinking through how it applies to them personally.

I'll accept I sometimes overthink things, but this strikes me as fairly obvious, right?

Hey, someone has to be the morality cop, right?  We can't say anything BAD about bad people, because that makes us bad.

Using that logic, everyone who fought the Nazis in WWII was nothing more than a murderer.
Molon Lube

Cain

As always, when people decide to play this game when it comes to making fun of people, I direct them to this post:

hxxp://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2007/02/28/go-fuck-yourself/

The OP misses the point entirely, and "Sadly, No! Investor Services" in the comments makes all the points I am too bored with repeating to make again.  In fact, if you replace "being fat" with "making fun of NeoNazis for a lack of racial purity", you pretty much exactly the same argument.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 14, 2012, 06:31:58 PM
As always, when people decide to play this game when it comes to making fun of people, I direct them to this post:

hxxp://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2007/02/28/go-fuck-yourself/

The OP misses the point entirely, and "Sadly, No! Investor Services" in the comments makes all the points I am too bored with repeating to make again.  In fact, if you replace "being fat" with "making fun of NeoNazis for a lack of racial purity", you pretty much exactly the same argument.

I don't even go that far.

Some people are simply worthless shitheads.  Nazis are a good example.  I make fun of them, and I don't need to justify it at all.  I mean, they're fucking Nazis, right?  In my eyes they don't get any consideration at all, and none of the normal rules I impose on myself apply.  And if that bothers some people or makes them think that I am acting badly or that I am in fact a Bad Person™, well, I won't lose any sleep over it. 

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I'd also like to point out that I have people tell me how to act, each and every day, IRL.

I don't listen to them, either.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yep.

The rules went out the window when they decided they were superior because of their cracker ancestry and therefore had some innate right to lord it over everybody else.

Besides, they're fugly.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

This case is twister than a bag of snakes.

QuoteFlorida teenager Trayvon Martin died from a single gunshot wound to the chest fired from "intermediate range," according to an autopsy report reviewed Wednesday by NBC News.

The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old Martin had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch  in size –  on his left ring finger below the knuckle.

Separately, a medical report on Martin's alleged killer, 28-year-old George Zimmerman, prepared by his personal physician the day after Martin's shooting in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, found that the Neighborhood Watch volunteer suffered a likely broken nose, swelling, two black eyes and cuts to the scalp. That report, first reported Tuesday by ABC News, also was reviewed by NBC News.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40362_Trayvon_Martin_Autopsy-_Knuckle_Injury_Was_Tiny_but_Gunshot_Was_at_Intermediate_Range

The tales of Martin's hands being all busted up appear to have been gross exaggeration. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

Either Trayvon Martin was a ninja, or Zimmerman didn't get those wounds from fighting him.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 17, 2012, 02:31:42 PM
Either Trayvon Martin was a ninja, or Zimmerman didn't get those wounds from fighting him.

Also, Zimmerman seems to have shot Martin from a bit of a distance.
Molon Lube

Cain

That too.  Clearly what happened was Zimmerman heroically fought off a vicious ninja beatdown at the hands of Martin, pushing him away, ran back and then took his gun out for the shot.  Ninjas have throwing stars, after all, so it's not like distance meant the threat had diminished.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

So that pretty much blows the "raining down blows on him MMA style" testimony. Unless he threw 20 and only landed one.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, at this point I am kind of hoping that as evidence mounts, Zimmerman will have a crisis of conscience and confess, because those cops need to be investigated.

Of course, protecting the cops who protected him might at this point be the only "honor" he's got to hang on to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Disco Pickle

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Previously unreleased pics made public.

Also, I don't consider 1" - 36" to be "distance" when shooting a gun, but maybe that's ME speak for just over point blank range (or just over close enough to burn skin or leave powder marks?)

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"ultimately avoidable"

WELL, YEAH. Since all the guy had to do to avoid it was NOT TAKE HIS GUN AND USE IT TO ACCOST A STRANGER WALKING DOWN THE STREET.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 18, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
"ultimately avoidable"

WELL, YEAH. Since all the guy had to do to avoid it was NOT TAKE HIS GUN AND USE IT TO ACCOST A STRANGER WALKING DOWN THE STREET.

"Not... take my gun?
I'm afraid I don't understand the question."
     /
:chickenhawk: