News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Glad to hear it's nothing seriously serious Roger

hirley0

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 15, 2015, 03:21:49 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 15, 2015, 06:57:56 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 14, 2015, 10:15:57 PM
You guys give med advice right?
Ive got a sore on my inner lip and it's hella painful, and my throat as a tingly pain when I swallow. I rince with mouth wash and it goes away for 6 or so hours. Any idea what this could be?

I googled it but webmd just gave me shit like general anxiety,  teething, or herpes. 

My guess is someone at your local Burger King didn't think too highly of your opinion of fast food workers and put some herpes in your Whopper.

Ok, maybe that's not my guess but it's certainly my hope.

I think he works at Burger King. Maybe he did it to himself.

Hmm? try Lysol 1 some stuff called I4get =cypeofloxicn ?/? & IOdime {Silver pre 64

Cain

That is good news.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

We have 3 printers in our office.  None are currently working.

At least one of those is serviceable as a printer, but because it's not a company printer, the IT department will not give us ink.  We could buy ink for it from our own stationary fund or the petty cash...only none of the staff are allowed to access it.

We've asked if we can have a new printer, instead of constantly repairing the old one, but we've been informed that the IT department cannot authorize the funds for a simple, B&W printer with photocopy/scanning capability, despite there being ones on Amazon for about £50.

This is the 23rd most expensive school in the UK's sixth form boarding department, with each student paying over £30,000 a year in tuition fees alone.

Meunster

Just watching some Russian dash cam footage and ffs

Why are they always laughing?

Guy fucking totals 3 cars and a lamp post and laughs it off.

Guys gets stopped by a biker hitting his car with an axe Keeps laughing!

Poe's law ;)

Meunster

Also why are there always 10 cars outside my small town's mortuary every weekend night at midnight?

I drive home from work and there's a cult meeting or some bs going on.
Poe's law ;)

Nast

Quote from: Meunster on October 16, 2015, 05:57:28 AM
Also why are there always 10 cars outside my small town's mortuary every weekend night at midnight?

It's actually a single's mixer event
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Da6s

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 15, 2015, 09:57:41 PM
Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
Just popped the ativan. We are go for lasers.

this means iIl emerge as a transhumanist, ya?

Wait, what's happening? Are you getting the Lasiks?

Yes. 17 hours later and I can see better than ever. The itchy burning is minor nuisance. Already worth the money.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on October 16, 2015, 01:15:38 PM

Yes. 17 hours later and I can see better than ever. The itchy burning is minor nuisance. Already worth the money.

Congratulations! I'm so envious!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on October 16, 2015, 06:05:25 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 16, 2015, 05:57:28 AM

It's actually a single's mixer event

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 16, 2015, 05:53:43 AM
Just watching some Russian dash cam footage and ffs

Why are they always laughing?

Guy fucking totals 3 cars and a lamp post and laughs it off.

Guys gets stopped by a biker hitting his car with an axe Keeps laughing!

They've really taken the principle of "laugh until you can't stop screaming" to heart.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2015, 12:05:39 AM
We have 3 printers in our office.  None are currently working.

At least one of those is serviceable as a printer, but because it's not a company printer, the IT department will not give us ink.  We could buy ink for it from our own stationary fund or the petty cash...only none of the staff are allowed to access it.

We've asked if we can have a new printer, instead of constantly repairing the old one, but we've been informed that the IT department cannot authorize the funds for a simple, B&W printer with photocopy/scanning capability, despite there being ones on Amazon for about £50.

This is the 23rd most expensive school in the UK's sixth form boarding department, with each student paying over £30,000 a year in tuition fees alone.

That place is a complete babyshambles.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Da6s

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Da6s on October 16, 2015, 01:15:38 PM

Congratulations! I'm so envious!

20/50 yesterday after procedure. At my post op this morning, 18 hours later, fucking 20/15.

This shits amazing.

Guys! THERE ARE WORDS ON SIGNS. THEYRE EVERYWHERE.

Fucking highly recommend. So worth it.

Best 3500 I've ever spent.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human