News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

The Real Boston Tea Party: Are you going?

Started by Eve, April 12, 2010, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

HEY BOSTONIANS (and/or the rest of you), is anyone going to this?

The Tenets of The Tea Party

Sarah Palin and the Tea Party folks are coming into town on Wednesday, April 14th. We'll give them a welcome with a REAL Boston Tea Party.

More details of what is wanted below:

Some Principles Of A Tea Party:

-Good tea. I think that we should find ways to have genuinely good tea at the tea party — have water that's actually hot enough, and tea that's actually good enough.

-Good food. Everybody should attempt to bring tasty finger food — cucumber sandwiches, petits fours, or the like — whatever is within your budget and skill level, to share.

-Beautiful clothing. There's no point in having a counterprotest if you can't look good doing it. Everyone should attempt to dress to the nines, or, if you can't do that, at LEAST to the four-and-a-halves. Of course, TECHNICALLY, one shouldn't go to a tea party in evening dress, but, since so many people don't have proper morning coats these days, I think that it would be wise to let this slide.

-Similarly, beautiful china and linens. We should do our best to bring things that actually look nice. Nice things should be enjoyed.

-Inoffensiveness. This, I suspect, may be the most controversial proposal. I think that we should attempt to have the world's mildest, most inoffensive, polite counterprotest ever held. My ideal would be for the press to come up to interview people about their opinions on tax policies and health care, and have responses such as, "Oh, dear, isn't that a rather personal question?" and, "Really, I prefer not to discuss politics over tea. Would you care for a cup?"

More info here; FB event here.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Doktor Howl

Can't go to the site from this comp.  Dates?
Molon Lube

Richter

This wednesday.  I have to check the location and time, but I may be there in slacks, spats, and fedora.

Related:
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/blog/200804/cup-of-brown-joy-tea-rap
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

I may just have to do this. In full fucking Victorian splendor.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eve

It's April 14 (Wednesday), 10am - 1pm, Boston Common by the visitor center.  :)

Darth Cupcake

I really, REALLY wish I could go. I might try to hop down briefly on my lunch or something if I can manage it.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Quote from: Eve on April 12, 2010, 08:24:21 PM
It's April 14 (Wednesday), 10am - 1pm, Boston Common by the visitor center.  :)

Are you going to be there Eve? If you bake delicious things I will definitely show up...I'll even have the exceptionally long feather in my hat.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Eve

Quote from: Suu on April 12, 2010, 08:27:20 PM
Are you going to be there Eve? If you bake delicious things I will definitely show up...I'll even have the exceptionally long feather in my hat.

I think I'm going to go for part of it. I have the day off, but realistically, I'm just not going to get down there by 10. Baking is a fantastic idea I hadn't even considered, but probably have time to do tomorrow. Just have to decide what kind of cupcake. Hmm..

Suu

I will supply delicious tea and even a teapot. I just need to be able to get hot water up there.

Eve

I figure we can always run into work (STUPID BARISTA JOB FINALLY GOOD FOR SOMETHING) and steal some from them. Then it's only a block or two walk to the tea party

Eater of Clowns

Ofuk.  I've wanted to do something since I heard she was coming.  10-1 is tough for the drive I'll have to make (and get to work) but it's do-able.  Seriously considering this.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: EoC on April 12, 2010, 08:49:42 PM
Ofuk.  I've wanted to do something since I heard she was coming.  10-1 is tough for the drive I'll have to make (and get to work) but it's do-able.  Seriously considering this.

Do you want to carpool or can you meet me in Providence to take the train if it makes it any easier?

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on April 12, 2010, 08:52:14 PM
Quote from: EoC on April 12, 2010, 08:49:42 PM

Do you want to carpool or can you meet me in Providence to take the train if it makes it any easier?

How much is train?

I'm seeing steampunk and victorian thrown around.  I've got a single three button blazer (sports coat?  I don't know the difference) and khakis, it's the best I can do.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu