News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i did read Good Omens and Anansi Boys, but i'll keep an eye out for that movie, thanks.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

"the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" Mark Haddon.  Very funny, and I reccomend it to anyone who likes lit fiction and minds.

Thurnez Isa

The First Man In Rome - Colleen McCullough
rereading
This series is my guilty little pleasure
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Littlest Ubermensch

Just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Really great book, though a little abrupt with the ending.

(By the way, how's the board doing? It's definitely been a while since I've been here.)
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

New burst of creativity.

Check the BIP sub forum.

AFK

currently reading:  From Binge to Blackout

good book.  It's been making me think alot about TGRR's "False Slack" rant. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Littlest Ubermensch

[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Jenne

Still reading Middlesex--it's pretty good.  About a guy who was born androgynous.

Jasper

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on January 25, 2007, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 25, 2007, 08:00:06 PM
New burst of creativity.

Check the BIP sub forum.

Cool.

Oddly, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you'd been.  Welcome back.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 25, 2007, 09:36:54 PM

Oddly, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you'd been.  Welcome back.

Thanks. (I'm not sure how long its been since I've been here. I've been somewhat more busy lately, and right around now things are cooling off, so I figured it would be good to come back.)

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Mourning Star

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on January 25, 2007, 07:59:19 PM
Just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Really great book, though a little abrupt with the ending.

(By the way, how's the board doing? It's definitely been a while since I've been here.)

I just started this.  It's really good so far.

I was feeling a lack of cyberpunk in my recent literary diet, so a B&N gift card from the mother unit of my Fiance' was spent entirely on William Gibson, Neal Stephenson, and Bruce Sterling.

Also, finished re-reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde

Triple Zero

sumarai sword wielding pizza delivery guy calling himself "the deliverator" FTW!!1
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Best part:  His name is Hiro Protagonist.

Srsly.

Triple Zero

protagonist i get.. is "hiro" part of a wordjoke as well that went past me?

LMNO